Acura Legend Forum banner

Advice on purchase of 1995 Legend Coupe

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  KNLNGUS 
that sounds like a good price for that car.
I say visually inspect it thoroughly and also, if it's only one owner, one would assume they have receipts of the work that was done and WHEN it was done.

You have 2 types of "one owners"

One owner that drives it a lot and takes care of it meticulously.
Or maybe the one that never drives it and doesnt think that they have to replace any fluids (even though a long time may have passed, etc)..

Ask when the 90 k service was done, and go from there bro.

-Jose

Hurleysurf24 said:
i have the same question; except for a 93 with 150k on it (for a great price.) cosmetically it needs a new pait job and dent wizzard would need a call, but its also a 6 speed. supposedly the ac compressor, and the timing belt, and all relative hoses etc. have been replaced within 20k miles. the interior is in pristine condition other than thedriver's seat which i believe everyone goes through. anyone have any advice? the clutch is still the original clutch wich i think is a little sketchy, but the owner says it still works fine. also it needs new tires

what price do you think i should pay? also what should i take into consideration, if anything ?
\

150k on original clutch?

errr.... ok.

Highly doubt that, unless they were Mario Andretti driving it. I say, if you buy that, expect to replace the clutch SOON. Like real real soon.

-Jose

If you have a Type II engine, is there such a thing as a "type II" engine for manual trannies and type II engine for automatics?

Like, if my engine ever crapped on me, could I get a Type II that was on an automatic and go from there? No, right?

By the way, the parts came out to like $618, but that was cuz I went for the rear tranny mount and all the nuts / washers that were necessary. Kinda steep, but you get what you pay for, and if you take care of these cars, they'll take care of you.

-Jose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.