Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What digital camera do you guys all have. ANyone know anything about the nikon coolpix 995. I am thinking about getting this camera. Any info is welcomed.

·
2,873 Posts
I have a Coolpix 995. Got mine for about $400 from Dell.

This camera is very good however many caveats:

Size (very bulky)
Hard to take good pics
Complicated user interface

Pros:

High quality pics (if used correctly)
Very professional (many add on lenses available)
Nikon brand and quality

I would get the newer Nikons if I were you or maybe consider the new Canon's. They're **** small and quality is pretty good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got a Nikon Coolpix 885 and it takes real good quality shots. It's nice and small , easy to use and has a lot of options.
Only problem is that it could be a little faster when you shoot in HI mode. Takes a bit of time to save the image onto card.
Check out some of these Digital Camera Reviews out.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone ever tried the canon s30. I was going to buy this one, but close up pictures did not show up so good when i tried it. Whereas the nikon coolpix 995 took super clear pictures up close. Such as water droplets on roses or up close rim shots. I think the coolpix is able to take pictures at 2cm. But then again, maybe i just wasnt setting the s30 right.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
my friend wants to sell her sony p50. she tried it out for like 5 mins and doesn't like it. she wants like 3 mega pixels. don't know why, but you know how girls are. she doesn't know she doesn't need that high res unless she's printing huge ass photos. but yea, it's basically a new P50 and she's wanting $220 for it. sorry, this should be in the FS section, huh? :eek: :p

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
Legend95 said:
Anyone ever tried the canon s30. I was going to buy this one, but close up pictures did not show up so good when i tried it. Whereas the nikon coolpix 995 took super clear pictures up close. Such as water droplets on roses or up close rim shots. I think the coolpix is able to take pictures at 2cm. But then again, maybe i just wasnt setting the s30 right.
I have the Canon S30 and I really like it. It has the full auto mode that works pretty well in most cases, but in low light or close up's it's better to use one of the other modes. You can use fullly manual (I don't know enough about to use that) or one of the preset modes where you can adjust certin things manually and the others are set auto.
Anyway here are a couple sample pictures I took with the S30.

To view the full rez versions copy and paste these two links:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/p09d0eea111fb65482cd60dd9568ca594/fdcbcd7e.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid18/pd45a2a187e6445f43c246fd15b53e93d/fdcbcce0.jpg.orig.jpg

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My grandfather just bought a Nikon CoolPix 5000. Everything seems fine so far, though the menus seem a bit confusing. Image quality is, well, Nikon-like.

I have a Fuji FinePix 6900, which is excellent as well. (It's also big enough so that I can hold it). ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Nikon, and nothing else

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Avarice said:
I have a Coolpix 995. Got mine for about $400 from Dell.

This camera is very good however many caveats:

Size (very bulky)
Hard to take good pics
Complicated user interface

Pros:

High quality pics (if used correctly)
Very professional (many add on lenses available)
Nikon brand and quality

I would get the newer Nikons if I were you or maybe consider the new Canon's. They're **** small and quality is pretty good.
Just wondering...... You guys who have the Nikon Cool pix cameras, have you ever had a problem with dark pictures?

It seems that all the pictures It take suffer from poor lighting. Is there something in the menu that can change this? Other than that, I really like the camera and I am happy with it, but some of the pictures seem dark.....:rolleyes:

ANYONE>??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.