Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yo Leolegendalt..

I have one for sale. s/s muff Plug and play.
I'll sell it for 200. shipped to you.
I'd payed 350. used it about a 4-weeks
great sound.

Let me know.e-mail me
Keith.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am thinking about selling my exhaust, which is similar to the one luvmylegend gave you a link to on ebay. Mine is made by Naxos. I had a pipe custom bent from the muffler to the 3 bolt flange. This is not all the way back to the cat, only to the 3 bolt flange.

If you're interested, I can provide you with pics.

If you have a G2 coupe, then you'd be able to bolt it right on.

·
Registered
197 Posts
aren't you aware of the Gb price. I set one and you could get a new remus universal for $239. Myself, I'm getting one. By the way you need to come to our meeting, it's usually on saturday.
Call TurnerWorks at 1-866-355-3278. Tell them that it's for the Remus GB. Our if you want, we can make one order since we are just 20 minutes away.

·
Registered
180 Posts
can someone please tell me the inlet size for a 1990 legend coupe, i really would like to upgrade my muffler, but i dont know what size to get.

·
Registered
139 Posts
it should be 2.25" but if it's not it's not a problem becuase any muffler shop will be able to weld in a short piece of pipe to make it fit. If you have a shop in mind just take it to them and they'll put it up on a rack and look at it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
cool thanks man, what muffler do you think will best fit me, im planing on doing an all out street dragger, but also looking for the best MPG possible, plan on taking the car out to LA a few times, 400miles to get there and 400 back. Plan on it atleast once every other month, and what other mods do i need to keep the car from over heaing on the long trip over there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
For a street dragger you'll be looking for something that is as free flowing as possible. If you get a good muffler you should be able to look right through it and see absolutely nothing to get in the way of the airflow. Magnaflow has a good picture on their website if you want to see what I'm talking about. Most high quality mufflers will have a design like this so it's mostly about what size pipe you want to use. If you plan on doing a lot of engine mods or a turbo you'll probably want to get 3" piping all the way from the engine to the muffler but if you don't want to run a turbo then 2.5" will be fine. Go with mandrel bent piping as this will keep the exhaust flow at a maximum and not cause any bottle necks. The main difference in sound is going to come from the length of your muffler. The longer the quieter is a general rule, and as long as you have a good straight through muffler, length won't have any effect on the flow. Get a tape measure and measure your stock muffler and try to get something close to that length. That should give you the quietest muffler with the best flow. I hope all this helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The free flowing muffler I just described should get you the best gas mileage and no muffler will have any effect on your engine overheating. Unless of course you get one so restrictive it won't even let the exhuast out of the engine. You car shouldn't overheat unless there is something else wrong with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
cool thanks, i belive the stock piping on the car is 2 1/4" as someone has told me. And i wasn't mentioning muffler as the over heat, i meant the car it self, like should i be thinking of getting a better radiator and ect. Best type of radiot fliud, bla bla bla.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes the stock piping is 2 1/4" but if you want to do a lot of mods it's highly recommended that you get bigger piping. If you are having a problem with overheating a bigger or just better radiator will help. I'd try flushing your current radiator and seeing if that helps, assuming nothing is leaking and all hoses are in good condition. It would suck to get a new radiator and then find out your old one just needed a good cleaning.

·
Registered
180 Posts
well i dont have a heating problem yet. but i want to prepare the car for my 400mile trip monthly, i dont feel like getting stuck half way because of a over heated engine. So i want my engine to be running pretty cold for the trip.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I really wouldn't worry about it. I drive my car 550 miles up the California coast in about 8 hours and have no problems whatsoever. I only stop once for gas in san francisco and then keep going. The only thing that overheats is my cd player.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Vroom Vroom!!!!!!!!!

I have a 1990 L model coupe myself the exhaust diameter on our model legends is 2 1/4 inches. I had high performance muffler installed with an inlet diameter of 2 1/2 inches. The shop I took my car to had to add some additional pipping to give it a nice fit and open up the diameter of the extra pipping a little but, you can't tell. The sound from my muffler is making alot of my friends, family, and co-workers want to beef up their cars. Just yesterday one of my co-workers asked me where I purchased my muffler and what I have done to my car. THEY ALL LOVE IT. I ALSO GET KUDOS FROM ALOT OF OTHER MOTORIST. THEY ALL LOVE THE SOUND AND THE EXTRA PERFORMANCE FROM MY NEW INTAKE AND MY EXHAUST NOW I'M LOVING THAT. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts