Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the OE radio with an aftermarket unit. Obviously an installation kit is required to adapt into the double DIN Bose. I have gone through 2 brands, American International & Scosche and both kits can't seem to fit just right. Anyone experienced with a kit that works? Is removing the metal frame bracket (behind the wood console) required?

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
mine fits perfectly.. It's from crutchfield..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, mine doesn't fit perfectly flush either. I don't think it's necessary to move the metal bracket off. I've learned to live with it looking like it is. I bought my kit from a local car stereo store. I don't know what the brand is.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine fits perfectly.. It's from crutchfield..
And the brand was? I find it interesting the kits are meant for many models, from Honda to Acura - use different tabs, brackets, bend this, break that... etc. I need help finding one fits just right.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,421 Posts
i dont know.. i threw the bag away when I installed it. But check crutchfield's website, they likely have it listed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
... quick question about the stereo itself is there any way to get a adapter kit so u can still use the volume control on the steering wheel to control the aftermarket stereo???

·
B anned (SIKE!!!)
1,757 Posts
Yes there is... Run a search on those and you will find them. Try ebay as well, I seen a couple of those yesterday for acura/hondas.

BTW... I am also lookinf for a flush sitting kit too. Mines is broken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts