Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Legend has only one clicker for the alarm/remote start, so I bought another off ebay for my wife to have. How do I adjust the clicker to work for my system?
 

· AKA Smartjay28
Joined
·
5,720 Posts
mondonalds said:
Our Legend has only one clicker for the alarm/remote start, so I bought another off ebay for my wife to have. How do I adjust the clicker to work for my system?
wat do you mean?

our car doesnt have remotestart feature from factory. only keyless is available from factory.
 

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smartjay28 said:
wat do you mean?

our car doesnt have remotestart feature from factory. only keyless is available from factory.
Yea, its all aftermarket. I am not too familiar with how they work. Do they work like garage door openers and operate on different frequencies so you cant just open all your neighbors with your clicker?
 

· Acura Junkie
Joined
·
216 Posts
mondonalds said:
Yea, its all aftermarket. I am not too familiar with how they work. Do they work like garage door openers and operate on different frequencies so you cant just open all your neighbors with your clicker?
u need to find out what manufacturer your aftermarket alarm is... each company has their own way of programming the remote/keyfob... some require you to keep the hood open and turn the car off and on so many times.. find the brain of the alarm.. get the manufacturer and model number and call them or get an online manual for it...
 

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kamlung said:
u need to find out what manufacturer your aftermarket alarm is... each company has their own way of programming the remote/keyfob... some require you to keep the hood open and turn the car off and on so many times.. find the brain of the alarm.. get the manufacturer and model number and call them or get an online manual for it...
I have all that. I havent tried to program it yet, but I bought a fob for a newer version of the same alarm. I hope it works
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top