Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'd like to know if anyone here has installed aftermarket axles on their legend? did any problems arise?

after have installed one, my car has been vibrating on D and P, according to research here symptoms of engine mount (/tranny mount).

thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Argh

but how? how does the axle effect the car in such a way?

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
If the knuckle is not put together correctly and is too tight the vibrations will be transfered to the engine instead of being absorbed. The axles should "float" between the wheel hub and the differential.
It didn't make sense to me either. I put another reman axle in myself and it cured my vib. What was so strange to me was the vib in park. I noticed it immidiately the first time I started it up after a shop put in an axle I bought.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow!

Jetdoc said:
If the knuckle is not put together correctly and is too tight the vibrations will be transfered to the engine instead of being absorbed. The axles should "float" between the wheel hub and the differential.
It didn't make sense to me either. I put another reman axle in myself and it cured my vib. What was so strange to me was the vib in park. I noticed it immidiately the first time I started it up after a shop put in an axle I bought.
OMG! that was the same thing w/me. the moment i turned on the ignition after the axle job i noticed the vibration.

thanks so much for your help :bowdown: :bowdown: jetdoc- i was about to buy drop money on the mounts, now i know what the really target.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.