Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rack and pinion has been bad for a while now and ima get it fixed this week. is this a part that is best to get OEM from the dealership?? or would a napa/checker/autozone rack and pinion be just as good? or should i go to the junkyard and get a used oem one off a legend or would that be retarded??? what to do...what to do...opinions please. thanks

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Find a local rebuilder. I am sure there are a few in your area and generally charge about $100 to rebuild w/ 6-12mo. warranty.

All the "new" ones are rebuilt anyways. I got one from the junkyard but turned out to be in worse condition than mine, so I returned it and got my R&P rebuilt instead.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
yea . rebuild. The quality will pretty much be the same if you bought from parts store new... plus parts and labor is a biiiiiacccccch .. :(

·
Registered
649 Posts
how can you test to see if these are bad? my ride is unstable and can that be a problem?

sorry i did not mean jack you thread, just thought we share:bigok:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea . rebuild. The quality will pretty much be the same if you bought from parts store new... plus parts and labor is a biiiiiacccccch .. :(
my mechanic hooks it up...$300 to fix it and of course i gotta get the part so that aint bad at all.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
yea . rebuild. plus parts and labor is a biiiiiacccccch .. :(
Well then, whatever you do try to NOT get rebuilt/reman. I installed one and of course it will work for the warranty period 6 - 12 months, then break. I have a brand new rack in now so I am less likely to have issues after such a short time period. The labor is a killer for the installation and I would never wish my pain on anyone else. (unless they can DIY rack&pinions)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts