Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i'm wondering how's the aftermarket timing belt and water pump for our car. is it worth it to get a aftermarket one and how long to they last compare to the oem acura ones? can i really depend on the aftermarkets one or will it break down one day. how much am i expecting to pay for both the aftermarket and oem thanks

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
there's no need to get aftermarket ones. i heard the quality isn't as good. i just replaced mine. and the price difference of the 2 is like 20-30 bux. u'r better off sticking with OEM for that money.

tbelt is 50 bux and water pump is 145.90 OEM
shop around for aftermarket.
-j

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ha lol i see your from New york. i'm from ontario and prices are a bit differnent here. for me i got a quote for about 200 dollars Can for water pump and timing belt plus labor. so altogether its about 500+ and the 20-30 dollars diferernce i about 60-80 dollars difference canadian :-( although i think its more like a hundred dollars.
anyways i found a really cheap place and its aftermarket parts or oem its about $100.00 more but oh well i'll get warrenty and make sure its at lease 90,000 km thanks for the help aiznpride

1 - 3 of 3 Posts