Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's driving me nuts, it's like a small chirping/squeeking noise. Faint, but you can notice it when the car idles. The weird part is, if I pop the hood.. it usually goes away and I can't figure out what it is..!

I know it's from the front though.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahah, a bird. It's more like a cricket chrip than a bird.. could it be a belt or something? I don't understand why it goes away when I pop the hood!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does this noise come after washing the car or after it rains? If so, then you're pretty damn sure that it's a belt squeaking. I have this problem for a short period of time after I wash the car. I guess you better hope it's not the timing belt :)

Sim Garcha
1991 Acura Legend LS
300,000 Kms and still going strong!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is your car manual? it might be the throw-out bearing. I don't know if you open the hood really makes the sound gone, but maybe just makes the out didn't reflect as much. Try to push the clutch a bit, and it should be gone. If it is like that, it is pretty much the TO bearing. Don't worry about it, it is annoying I know, but as soon as you replace it, it will squeak again, so, just relax and buy a good ear plugs! hahahhaha!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
My car does the same thing. When i pull up to my garage at night right before i turn off the car i notice it, it sounds like a faint chirping noice. The local mechanic told me it was a belt and not to worry, but im not sure. Im going to see acura next week about my transmission mount and im gonna ask them what it is. If any of u know what it is i would appreciate an answer too.
Thanx,
MD

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow, I have the same thing. If you roll down the window and stick your head out, you'll notice the chirping goes away when you depress the clutch. At least for me it does. If you figure it out, please let me know what is wrong, and if it's anything to worry about.

Thanks,
J520

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOISE

BIRD CHIRPING NOISE IN CABIN - AT 225 K SEEMS TO BE SPEEDO HEAD - HOW DO YOU LUBRICATE OR DO YOU HAVE TO REPLACE?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts