Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find anything on the search so ill ask you guys. Even when the fan is off air still comes through the vents and such as im driving. Is there a way to adjust the doors or what have you to stop this from happening?

Also my fan is rather loud and makes a bit of a wirring sound. Can I just take it out and clean it or will it need to be replaced? And as a sidenote, how in the hell do I remove it?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Just tape up the vents and you'll be fine lol. Naw just hit the switch down like tubadude said.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Recirculation button is another option and should block fresh air coming in through the ventilation systems... but if you're referring to the air vent on the left side of the dash board, it should just slide close/open.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I couldnt find anything on the search so ill ask you guys. Even when the fan is off air still comes through the vents and such as im driving. Is there a way to adjust the doors or what have you to stop this from happening?

Also my fan is rather loud and makes a bit of a wirring sound. Can I just take it out and clean it or will it need to be replaced? And as a sidenote, how in the hell do I remove it?
I've taken it out through the bottom with no problem, but I think the manual has you take out the entire plenum, then remove the fan from that (a much, much more difficult task). It's been a few years, but it was pretty straight-forward. I think I needed a stubby for the screw that was closest to the firewall, but that was about it....

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have what seems to be excessive air/noise coming through my doors when I drive. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of the fix for this?
There are a variety of window adjustments specified in the manual. My passenger door had air/noise under certain conditions for years, and I drove myself nuts trying to fix it by doing the various adjustments in the manual. Then last year I wound up having to remove my passenger side window in order to replace the latch mechanism (door lock sensor was bad, so whenever I unlocked the passenger door with the key, the alarm went off). Anyway, when I replaced it, the noise was almost completely gone, even though I had marked everything and reinstalled it without changing any adjustments.

My experience, and I've heard others say the same, is that unless it is so bad that it is driving you crazy, I'd just turn up the stereo and live with it.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
G1's have cabin filters. They're called, "nasal hairs."
:rofl: Damn you Paulo... the Mrs just fixed me dinner, I think some rice pilaf just went flying through my nostril as I read your reply :giggle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.