Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2 problems with the AC in my 91 legend LS 4 door. First problem when I turn the AC on sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I checked the belt and it is tight. When it is working I can feel the compressor kick in when I turn it on. If it is working it cools just fine. I was thinking maybe some kind of sensor is telling the AC that the car is cool enough so it shuts off. Second problem is with the AC running the car seems as though it is sputtering hesitating or skipping. If i go to the exhaust iI can hear the car making the skipping type noise. It actually does the same thing very minor when the AC is not on sometimes. It has 182K on it and just had the 180K service done to it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've had the same problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I thought it might be a bad switch or connection somewhere. I got a used set of controls off of ebay, installed it and had the same problems. Sometimes it will kick on and when it does it works great! I guess I'll have to take it in and get it looked at.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Same symptoms happened to me. Took it in and it was diagnosed as a faulty AC controller. Had them replace it and everything works fine now. If you need more details like the part number I'll have to dig it out of my receipts in the car - let me know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sfearing could you give me more info.? THanks in advance...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Here's the scoop:

AC doesn't cool - blows warm air

Diagnosis: faulty AC control unit,
part #37735-PY3-901

Dealer price, $152.66 part
2 hours labor

If you can, maybe Acura of Augusta will have a better part price.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Sounds like the right part #, but it's the radiator fan control unit, it's next to the ecu, and takes 45 min to put in if you're clueless, less if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hmmm. Well, at any rate, it fixed my AC problem. That was the weak link in my AC - it may or may not be for yours. The only way to be sure is to have someone who knows what they're doing check it out. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts