Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I put the fan speed all the way to high that the force of the air isn't that great. The force that my air comes out at high is the force that comes out of my friend Mitsubishi Mirage at 3/4 speed. Is there a cabin filter that might be clogged or something? Has anyone else noticed this or am I just off my rocker. Let me know...taking a road trip through southern NM and Arizona in a month so I need the air to work! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Some members have removed the lower dash to get to the motor and found leaves restricting the air flow.
While you're at it, you should replace the A/C filter also.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Spiff said:
Some members have removed the lower dash to get to the motor and found leaves restricting the air flow.
Spiff,

What side is the a\c blower on? Passenger or Driver. And, how hard is it to replace the A\c filter.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My neighbors Legend sat for 2 weeks without being driven. He cranked it up, auto climate control kicks in and it smells rank. He drives over and asks W T F.

I told him to order a new AC filter - and I'd do the swap for a 6 pack of coors or a bud.

The filter came in and I did the swap. Talk about mold and fungi all growing in there. He got sick and ended up having to go to the hospital and the doctors attributed his illness to exposure to Stachybotrys!

Toxic mold can grow on nearly any type of damp or wet surface including our duct work. The only conditions necessary for its formation is moisture, food (organic material) and time and the spores from this type of mold can become airborne, making people susceptible to developing allergic or respiratory symptoms.

Change out those filters!

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
432 Posts
Will you change mine for a 6 pack too?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine blower seems to blow not so well eigher. I had the a/c checked and there is 44 degrees blowing out of the vents but it seems to take a while to cool the car down. Could the clogged filter make the airflow not so great? I guess I will need to check mine as well. There are instructions for changing the filter on the legend temple webstite or temple of legend. The link is on the homepage of acura-legend.com. Go to the link for FAQ and then go to the interior questions link.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i took my A/C filter out a month ago and it made a 100% difference. I put a skinny vacume in there to get all the leaves and what not out. It blows really hard not just not cold

G

·
92coupeon18s said:
i took my A/C filter out a month ago and it made a 100% difference. I put a skinny vacume in there to get all the leaves and what not out. It blows really hard not just not cold
Hey we might need to do this on my coupe when we install the konis and H&R's

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
acura carland

also.. anyone know what category on acuracarland the filter is in?

thx!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just dropped my car off at Acura for service before my road trip and they said there are TWO A/C filters in the car. I always thought there was only one. Is there really two? I don't wanna pay for two filters if they only put in one.

·
Registered
744 Posts
94LegendL - you sure they didn't say 2 air filters (one being the cabin and the other the intake) as opposed to 2 A/C filters.

I sure hope you didn't pay for two filters A/C filters cause they ain't two of em.

KNLNGUS

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
My neighbors Legend sat for 2 weeks without being driven. He cranked it up, auto climate control kicks in and it smells rank. He drives over and asks W T F.

I told him to order a new AC filter - and I'd do the swap for a 6 pack of coors or a bud.

The filter came in and I did the swap. Talk about mold and fungi all growing in there. He got sick and ended up having to go to the hospital and the doctors attributed his illness to exposure to Stachybotrys!

Toxic mold can grow on nearly any type of damp or wet surface including our duct work. The only conditions necessary for its formation is moisture, food (organic material) and time and the spores from this type of mold can become airborne, making people susceptible to developing allergic or respiratory symptoms.

Change out those filters!

KNLNGUS
ohhhh SNAP :eek:

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Spiff said:
Ok Smart guy

convert this to decimal

0010-0001-0100

LOL

Any how hard is it to change that AC filter

·
Registered
744 Posts
Changing out the filter should take a person (who has not done this before) 15-30 minutes. I know 30 minutes is streching it... but hey, you might run into problems.

FYI, do your best to vacuum out the debris because if you just remove any large objects, swap the filter, and then turn on the climate control - all kinds of dirt will come bustin out of your vents.

This is not a complicated job at all. Just be carefull NOT to turd up the damper assy or the cord! on the back of the glove box!

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speaking of the damper, mine is not working. My glovebox just drops w/ a thud so I figure I could fix it while I'm changing the filter. Does anyone have a link to the thread that talked about fixing the damper? Or does anyone have quick instructions they could post or PM me? Thanks!

·
Registered
744 Posts
94LegendL, perhaps there is a link or detailed previous thread...

but I can tell you this... It is more likely that your cord is cut and when you get glove box off you will see a white cord - one side will be attached to the damper and the other to upper clip - OR your upper clip can be broken too.

Some members have fabricated thier cord with high test fishing line and that works really good

If you find that your upper clip has s h i t the bed, you can always wrap it around another piece under the dash.

KNLNGUS

BTW - the damper assy, cord, upper clip and guide costs like $15 new from Acura of Augusta.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts