Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just got my legend 2 weeks ago and i'd like to put in an air intake on it. The only thing is that there's so many out there which one is the best? I went on to the weapon R site and there's the dragon intake and the ram cold air in take and then some other cold i think it was a box or something. What should i get? I just want the most performance for the money.

If anyone has ain air intake installed on their car, what type of
0-60 times do you get? I get a little under 7 seconds and my car is all stock. I think its listed for 6.7 sec

And my last question is about the headlights. I just put in some plasma lights and i noticed the corners are still the halogen lights. I recall someone saying that they put in amber lights instead and it looked fine. Is this a good idea? Also what type/size of bulb should I get? Thanks guys.

David

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
whats up alright i have had 3 on my car so il try to help you out. I have the RM racing intake i got it for $200 and ig ot it bc i saw what other cars they made probucts for and they were NSX, S2, ZO6, and porche i believe so i figured they were a good company and they havent proved me worng yet. But anyways i had the regular intake and it sounds great but then i put a ram air extension on the end of the filter down and out and it fells the best when on the highway it kicks really hard at 70 and 90mph. the cold air intake was really good from a stop but didnt feel great on the highway and also took alto of the noise away which i didnt like. But i have gone back to the ram air setup bc it feels the beest to me. see ya

·
Registered
49 Posts
Weapon R and http://www.importtoys.com are two of your best bets as far as getting an intake...
Weapon R supports the LEgend community, and Import Toys..well, they are a part of the Legend community...they basically are all the same..its how you tune your car that makes the difference.

Now in contrast of what Cody said, I feel the opposite. The perception that the car is not faster with the CAI because of no *noise* does not mean it is faster as a ram setup. In actuality, you cannot hear the sweet sound of the 3 stage intake opening up at 4 grand with the CAI, but you experience higher top end, and more low end torque....I have done the experiment to back it, and a ram intake is only going to suck in ambient air in the engine compartment. If you do the CAI, I suggest you install he Air Bypass Valve from AEM. I did mine today...what a challenge, but well worth the piece of mind.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm still trying to figure out whether i should put the money first into an alpine headunit and subs or the intake. I can't afford to do both. So how much does the intake really improve your performance? Whats the best times you guys have gotten with your air intake and/or cold air intake?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts