Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was avoiding getting new head unnit cause of loss of steer/con. function. WD-X500 from aiwa comes with control that attaches to steering wheel. It looks kinda cheesy compared to stock though,I guess I just Didnt want to patrionize legends luxury.Also its a double din.And I wouldnt want a empty space in there.After reading all the good advice from here I think I'm gonna get whole new system, Also 8 preset is not enough wit stock.and requirements of the system is to restrictive. Might not go wit this deck though, just thought u guys might find interesting.Bose is so communist.Or business savvy.:D They also have CDC-mp32 taht plays mp3s ,check out at crutchfield.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just noticed that Pioneer now has a deck with a very nice looking steering wheel remote.... It's on sale for only $1200 CDN down from $1500.... Don't remember the model, but it's the top of the "Premier" line !!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
How about just buying the aftermarket IR device that allows you to use your existing OEM steering wheel controls with any aftermarket deck that has an infrared remote control capability.

What this device does is read the voltage from the steering wheel buttons, then converts it to the corespondind IR code that the deck can understand. You program it much like a prgramable home remote control. You will just need to mount the devices IR emmiter in a place where the decks IR eye can see it. No funny looking controls need to be attached to the steering wheel since you are using the factory controls.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i have the pioneer deh-930. the remote will not work well becuase it points away from the HU. i'd go with what chrisk says. hey chris, where can i get one of those joints?
-j

1 - 5 of 5 Posts