Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the stock alarm give a confirmation "chirp"? Just wondering if my alarm was hooked up correctly after an after market alarm was removed. It does lock the doors, and the panic works, but I have to look at the door locks to see if the alarm has been set. I bought the car about 6 months ago and recently found a Clifford box under the hood that must have been installed and then deactivated prior to me buying the car. The owners manual doesn't mention a "chirp", just the flashing light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LegendGS,
Can anyone tell me exactly what the stock alarm functions are? Engine cutoff, flashing lights and horn etc. ?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
rushmore said:
Thanks LegendGS,
Can anyone tell me exactly what the stock alarm functions are? Engine cutoff, flashing lights and horn etc. ?
All the factory alarm does the Engine cut, flashing lights and honk the horn non stop, that's it.

I think you'll be better off getting your Clifford alarm hooked back up. Since many people lost their legends or their property inside their legends due to the incompatency of the factory alarm. Clifford is one of the top alarm manufactures. The factory alarm are known to be easily bypassed.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

All the factory alarm does the Engine cut, flashing lights and honk the horn non stop, that's it.

I think you'll be better off getting your Clifford alarm hooked back up. Since many people lost their legends or their property inside their legends due to the incompatency of the factory alarm. Clifford is one of the top alarm manufactures. The factory alarm are known to be easily bypassed.
It actaulyl honks the horn and flashes the lights for 1 minute only, then it resets.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ChrisK said:

It actaulyl honks the horn and flashes the lights for 1 minute only, then it resets.
It resets until the door/trunk is opened again. It will also go off again if you try to start the car too.

NEVER try to start the car too many times when the alarm is still armed. I once set off the factory alarm and didn't have my door key with me. (I have a separete key for my door and ignition)
I only had my ignition key with me and I tried to start the car, I tried for like 10-20times. I don't know why I did that, maybe I thought it would forget the alarm is still armed. Anyways, after I got my door key and disarmed the alarm. I had starting problems for the next 4 month, finally took it to the dealer and after 3hours of diagnostics and $300 later. They found a bad starter cut relay and all the wires around it was burnt out. They told me that's what happens when the starter cut relay is activated too many times in a short amount of time.

It doesn't really make sense, but whatever, it works now.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

It resets until the door/trunk is opened again. It will also go off again if you try to start the car too.

NEVER try to start the car too many times when the alarm is still armed. I once set off the factory alarm and didn't have my door key with me. (I have a separete key for my door and ignition)
I only had my ignition key with me and I tried to start the car, I tried for like 10-20times. I don't know why I did that, maybe I thought it would forget the alarm is still armed. Anyways, after I got my door key and disarmed the alarm. I had starting problems for the next 4 month, finally took it to the dealer and after 3hours of diagnostics and $300 later. They found a bad starter cut relay and all the wires around it was burnt out. They told me that's what happens when the starter cut relay is activated too many times in a short amount of time.

It doesn't really make sense, but whatever, it works now.
Trying to steal your own car is not kosher. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts