Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, when I got my car the alarm was possesed. Consequently I had Acura "short out" the hood latch so the alarm is tricked into not arming.
I have more time on my hands now and was wondering where under the hood whould they have done this? I'd like to undo it to test it out a bit!!!

I know some of the legend.org guys know about this trick, can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!
-Ben

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Pop your hood, and you will notice an arm sitting at the top of your hood latch. That's the hood switch for your alarm. Trace downward from that switch to find an electrical connector.

It is likely disconnected, and at the plug end that leads to the engine bay you should find some kind of wire or paperclip inserted to short it. That's the trick, and is likely what they did.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

LegendGS said:
Pop your hood, and you will notice an arm sitting at the top of your hood latch. That's the hood switch for your alarm. Trace downward from that switch to find an electrical connector.

It is likely disconnected, and at the plug end that leads to the engine bay you should find some kind of wire or paperclip inserted to short it. That's the trick, and is likely what they did.
Thanks a lot man, damn you're quick!
-Ben

·
Registered
760 Posts
i got my legend used and it came with an alarm.... but i cant tell if its OEM or not. its a Pursuit PRO 9244. is this the OEM alarm? im thinking its not cause the intall insnt that good.

-brandon

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Darkstar said:
i got my legend used and it came with an alarm.... but i cant tell if its OEM or not. its a Pursuit PRO 9244. is this the OEM alarm? im thinking its not cause the intall insnt that good.

-brandon
Nope, it is an aftermarket alarm. The OEM alarm is intergrated into the cars as an OEM part, and if you look under the drivers dash just to the right of the steering column, you will see a metal box that says something like Honda Security Assembly. That is the OEM alarm It looks nothing like an aftermarket alarm brain, but more like a small ECU. There should be 2 grey molex plugs going into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts