Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a '91 L Sedan and the alarm is going off almost every time I unlock the driver's side door with the key. It doesn't do it when I unlock the passenger's side door, and it doesn't do it every single time either. I think it might have something to do with key or keyhole wear, but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am having a similar problem. I have a 1992 Legend LS, and only in the moring when I go to open my car with my remote keyless entery (DEI alarm) my factory alarm will go off, its so annoying, but it really only happens in the moring the first time I turn on the car, or if I havent driven the car for a few hrs and I leave it outside it will do it, does anyone know why? Is it the cold weather? thanks

1992LegendLS on the old Forum, but have changed my name on this one and the other one to Nile Legend.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This happened to me da other night. I opened da driver side door and so did my passenger. I used my remote to lock and arm da car b 4 da passenger closed her door. That totally screwed my alarm system up. Da car factory alarm thinks driver side is lock but passenger isnt. What i had to do was reset da factory alarm by locking and unlocking da car with da key. That will reset da factory alarm and then i was able to use da keyless remote. Hope this helps.

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the help, but the thing is that I don't even have keyless entry, so I have to use the key to unlock the doors. Since it only happens on the driver's side, and it happens with all the keys to the car that I have, I think it has to do with keyhole wear. Also, like Nile, before it seemed to only happen on particularly cold mornings. Now it just happens all the time. If anybody has any idea about how to address this problem, I'd really like to hear it. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts