Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY whats up all yall I'm planning on getting an alarm system this weekend for my G2 (I hate the factory one it's a piece of S$it)could any body give some ideas for a good alarm system no more than$$300$$:D :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a Clifford system on mine ever since I got my car and it's been working great all these years. I recommend them. I think they pioneered in the anti code grabbing technology when it first came out and they're the one's who offer Black jax. I'm not sure what they're charging these days for new systems tho...haven't kept up with the info.

www.Clifford.com

I heard Viper systems were good too, but I don't know much about them. Perhaps someone else on the board with more experience can let you know.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
The best is, to ask ChrisK (member of this forum), He is one of the most guys, who has a lot of knowledges about Honda Legend, and especially ALARM SYSTEMS !!! Ask him...

Mike / Cologne /Germany)

·
Registered
313 Posts
How good are the UNGO alarms? They're made by Clarion right? I might be switching to one of these. i have a friend who can get me a very good price on the alarm and install it himself free of charge. It's the one with the pager that tells you what sensor has been tripped. Also comes with remote start.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
IMHO, Clifford by far has always had the best security of them all. Numerous tests have shown Clifford alarms have better protection over all. However, it really all depends on the installation. Also, since DEI took over Clifford, I guess that makes DEI the top choice now. Aide from all that, I had a Clifford 7000IQ in my 95, and a Crimeguard in my 93. The Crimeguard did its job properly, however that alarm is not giong into our new, old 94 Civic EX Coupe, and my new Aladdin 2000 alarm is going into my 93. The Aladdin is a good alarm, and has many gadgets that I wanted, but just looking at the design I personally can concluded that they are a bit behind the times when it comes to the actual security side of an alarm and the installation of good alarm systems. But, that just mean more work for me to try and get a good install in :(

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
I have the Viper 300esp, works well. The 300 esp2 comes with a small long range antenna that they mount on the top inside of your windshield. I know this because my dad went and told them he wanted the same alarm as me, but the only difference is a 2 on the box and the antenna. Overall I think that the Viper alarms (In case you did not know Viper is made my DEI) are very good, I would say one of the best out there. And yes it is under $300.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
91legendsedanL said:
Chrisk, whitch system would you recomend for under $$300$$
I'd say DEI is your best best, as they are east to install. Clifford can get be a little harder with the G4's options being probramed via computer. Anyway, I always install my own, so I do not know what prices are out there. However, I will say that Viper is DEI's premier line, but the Sidewinder, and Python line from DEI is the exact same thing as the Viper, only sold for a cheaper price. There is a reason why DEI did this, and I wont get into that, but if yo want a good Viper alarm, I suggest you get the equivalent Sidewinder or Python model. You will get the same alarm for a cheaper price, only it will say Python or Sidewinder on it.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
91legendsedanL said:
Chrisk, whitch system would you recomend for under $$300$$
I have the DEI/Viper ES series and I love it. Shock sensor,keyless endtry upon dis-arming,trunk release,etc... I got it installed for exactly 305.45 2 months ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.