Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Well, with GCs you can set your ride height wherever you want. Lot's of Legends sport them (like Alex). I've heard mixed reviews on ride quality, but that's a personal judgement.

I myself prefer a conservative drop (read Eibach) for overall appearance and reasonable road clearance with minimal alignment issues.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Correct, like Dave said, if you need the adjustment, go with the Ground Control, same here with my opinion, but this is what I know. Eibach will give you slight lowering with very close to stock ride comfort. H&R will give you slightly more drop than eibach, and slightly stiffer ride than stock, and from my opinion, and let me repeat that this is just my opinion, Ground Control is far the stiffest out of all. It is OK, not bad, but for city driving with a lot of potholes and road imperfections, I think Ground Control will sometimes makes you beg for mercy. It all depends also on the setting of your koni shocks, if you want the close to stock ride, leave it alone at the softest settings, but I have to turn mine up close to the stiffest to avoid bottom out and bouncing, but I still had it.

So, just if you need ride height adjustment, get the Ground Contol, other than that, you should be happy with either eibach or H&R, both are very good springs.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Of all the set up I had, the best over all balance between drop and confort was Eibach/Koni. My R-Spec looked the best and was the lowerst drop, but rode the stiffest, although not too bad. My OEM springs and Koni drop that I have now has the least drop, but stock ride quality. It all depends on what you are looking for. I never gor a chance to put my Ground Controls in, so I can't comment too much on that. I did get to ride in PJ'S GC Legend, and it was noticebly stiffer than my R-Spec, but still tolarable.

G

·
0 Posts
ChrisK said:
Of all the set up I had, the best over all balance between drop and confort was Eibach/Koni. My R-Spec looked the best and was the lowerst drop, but rode the stiffest, although not too bad. My OEM springs and Koni drop that I have now has the least drop, but stock ride quality. It all depends on what you are looking for. I never gor a chance to put my Ground Controls in, so I can't comment too much on that. I did get to ride in PJ'S GC Legend, and it was noticebly stiffer than my R-Spec, but still tolarable.
ChrisK,
Do you have any pictures of your Koni drop, and then of your Koni/eibach, and then just stock? And what perches did you use on all of them?
Alexander,
Would the Eibachs with Konis set on the stiffest setting and lowest perch still give a nice sporty ride, or would it just be way to stiff?

Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well hmmm...... this question is kinda hard to answer, because I never experience eibach/koni combination first hand. But, this is just my opinion on the combination. When you stiffen your shocks, you will reduce the amount of bodyroll and bounce, because the shock is harder to compress. And, too stiff or not stiff enough is just a matter of preference. Maybe Chris K can help you better on his experience on his Eibach/Koni combination, because he experience it first hand.

But, I would say, you better start with koni/eibach combination at the lowest/softest setting for the koni's. Ride on it for a while, and you can decide from there. If you car bounce too much, that means you need to stiffen up your shocks, but if the car rides good, no excessive bouncing, and no excessive bodyroll, I think you better leave it alone.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I do have pictures of the Koni/Eibach and Koni/R-Specs, and I can have the Koni/OEM too soon. I have to look for the other pictures though. But, the Koni/Eibach set up I had was with Konis set to low all around, and stiffness set toward the stiff side. Not all the way, but almost all the way. With this set up, it was noticably stiffer than stock, but not too bad. My R-Spec was set with Konis on the high perch in front, and on the low perch in the rear. The reason for this set up was the R-Spec droped at least 2" in front, while the rear drop was only comparable to something like Eibach mild drop. When I had thr front on the low perch, it was way too low, and almost undrivable over any speed bumps. Moving it to the high perch helped, but it was still too low for me. The rear being dropped the extra .75" from the Koni gave an near even drop all the way around. I had maybe a 1/4" difference at most. The shocks in this set up were set to full soft. It stil felt a bit stiffer than the Koni setup, problably because the car was lower, but still close to the Koni/Eibach stiff setting.

I'll try and get all the pictures together, and then I'll post it up. Look for a new thread in the gallery section when I do it. Hopefully by Friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts