Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Great White North
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my alignment sheet after lowering my car on eibach springs and koni shocks. I have an ingalls camber kit on the front, but nothing for the back
I *know* the rear passenger side is out of spec, clearly. How can i fix this, and is there anything wrong with the rest of the readings?
I don't know how this works, but should left and right (3.6 and 4.6) be so different!?

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hi:

I would like to see the front caster less than 0.5 degree apart from left to right. Have the high side brought down to the side. Steering stability will be fine in the 3.x degree range. Grocery carts have no caster in the front wheels and you know how they are! The rear camber is obviously off. You can get camber shims to correct the problem. The spec is -1.3 to +0.7 degrees. Mine are -0.5 and -0.9 degrees respectively. It's nice to see that you are doing this correctly.

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
as posted above, shims will correct the rear camber. You can also use washers which is what i did.

Its funny that your caster is at 3.6 and 4.6, I have the exact same situation.
im running -1.8 up front and -1.3 in the rears for camber.

·
The Great White North
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shims... so they should have the correct materials to fix this? They said as it was there wasn't any way they could bring it into spec. Is there something i could bring to them to assist i.e. a certain size washer?

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you read FutureX's post about his alignment issues you will get a perspective on shops that do alignments (misalignments). I posted a most excellent reference in one of my posts to him that would be a good read for you.

Dave

·
Registered
288 Posts
my caster was way off too.. the guy doing the alignment and cornerweight undid the the subframe bolts and tugged on one side, retightened, and it was dead on.

btw, went to west end in gardena, ca. that guy is pretty meticulous and pretty good. and no computers.. all analog. so far the best alignment ive gotten...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Aah analog. Tubes, vinyl, reel to reel. I love it.

Dave
as a matter of fact, I do own a pair of tube amps, and vynil gear. ahahaha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.