Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im bored, and i just drove my friends 86 or 87 Legend AUTO. Ive noticed that in MY 90 Legend with typical throttle input,
1st gear shifts at 3000-3500,
2nd at a real low 2000-2500
3rd at about 2500-3000.

However, when i drove my friends older 150HP legend, the shift points under the same throttle input was
1st gear at 2500,
2nd gear at 3000-3500
and third about the same.
This is weird because it looks like the 1st and 2nd gear shifts were flipped. I say this because under normal driving in my car, 2nd gear switches too early and i find myself having to press more gas in 3rd to make up for the early shift in 2nd. Also in her car, even with 1st gear shifting so early, it still makes ample power, lots more compared to my 1990 shifting at 2500.

I dont really have a point..but i wonder if its like that with all your cars, and i just thought it was interesting to see 2 Legends differing only in year perform so differently. Also my friends car has such a SMOOTH tranny!

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Smooth Trannys are trannys that have been treated properly with HondaATF. My 90 Coupe used to shift pretty hard, when I put HondaATF in, they whole tranny seemed sooo much smoother, I hardly felt when the gear entered. Like a new car :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts