Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I took mine to Midas because I was on a road trip and I didn't have my tools with me. $25 installed. that's not including the filter.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
looks like an open end wrench job to me

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, definitely a two open-end wrench job and lots of elbow grease:) . When I changed one on my other car, I had to take the whole thing out to crack the nut. Those suckers are on good because of the high pressure in the fuel line.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
Rusky said:
Yep, definitely a two open-end wrench job and lots of elbow grease:) . When I changed one on my other car, I had to take the whole thing out to crack the nut. Those suckers are on good because of the high pressure in the fuel line.

Have fun.
That's why I recommended he go to a shop to have it done. not a fun thing to do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
try a breaker bar or find a pipe that will fit over your wrenches. Extra leverage=extra easy!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Whenever you need to remove or install fuel line fittings, you need to use a flare-nut wrench. The line you depicted is supposed to be torqued to 28 lb-ft. Suggest you buy an OEM filter as some aftermarket fail to include all the sealing washers (3).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts