Votes: 7 35.0%
  • no

Votes: 13 65.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting replacement taillamps without the amber is quickly becoming an obsession of mine. I'd like to get a red/white combo for my coupe, but this would do if it were available. If you care about this as much as I do, tell me how phat this car looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
DONT LIKE THEM AS MUCH AS..

i dont like those as much as i like the ones where it is red and clear mixed. they still look nice though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Clear tailights = played out rice attire. Thats just my opinion, and I hate trendy stuff. But if you like it, go for it.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Hey man, lemme tell you this honestly... when I lived in Japan in August, I check with Autobacs, ASKA CLUB, and many other shops around the Nara-Osaka area... those taillights are custom... that's what they all told me... that kit is Magellan I believe, but the taillights are custom... if you have ever seen that kit or picture up close, you'd be disgusted with the fit around the back of the taillights and the trunk area... Magellan makes some of the finest kits out there, but whoever put that one on messed up a little... To go to Japan you'll need the following:

a ticket...

food (this is VERY important... you don't know how much you'll spend on it!!)

a way to get around (in other words, someone who speaks Japanese and can tell them what you want and why you want it)... My friend and I spent 2 hours at HONDA CLIO in Nara because they had to order the part that I wanted (my Honda Legend grille and insert pieces), and even then with my friend speaking near perfect Japanese, it was still hard to make them understand... there are so many dialects... he speaks the Southern dialect...

Well, I don't mean to smash any hopes, but those taillights are not worth it - for all the money that you'll spend... wow... that's a waste unless you know someone that you can stay with, and plus you'll want to look around and spend time in the country... if I were you I'd find an importer... or get a friend that can get you some that meet your criteria... or better yet, save up for an S13 or S14 Silvia and drift it!! (ok, the JDM freak is coming out again...) if you really want, I can talk to my friend and see what he says, but I've already tried his patience on asking for parts and having him run around all over the place trying to find them... but I'll ask anyways...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts