Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna get the CVA 1006 or 1005 at the end of this year, but I can get a CVA with the brain for 300. Even if I get the other CVA's later, I really want to get this one now. I know there is some kind of connector to make it video ready. Does anyone know what it is. Also, does the 1000 need to be bypassed, even though it doesn't come with any inputs?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Phil B said:
I was gonna get the CVA 1006 or 1005 at the end of this year, but I can get a CVA with the brain for 300. Even if I get the other CVA's later, I really want to get this one now. I know there is some kind of connector to make it video ready. Does anyone know what it is. Also, does the 1000 need to be bypassed, even though it doesn't come with any inputs?
The CVA-1005/1006 already has video inputs, so you don't need an adaptor plug. If you are saying you can get the CVA-1000 for $300 than you need a plug that converts the composite video into the navigation square pin connection. I've seen them on ebay quite a few times. Either way, all the units will need to bypass the screen lock to view video or navigation I believe. I have the CVA-1005, so I'm not 100% sure on the CVA-1000.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So for the screen lock would I be able to use the bypass module that works for the other CVA's? Also I forgot in my previous statement that I was talking about the CVA 1000.
you need a plug that converts the composite video into the navigation square pin
What is this called so I can search for it?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i have a cva-1003 and i have to bypass everything to play videos i have 2 switches one for the brake and other for hand brake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts