Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What alpine amp would be best for 1 Alpine type R DVC 4ohm.

I was thinking a MRV-T757 @ 2ohms would be nice, 400+ RMS power but i keep on hearing different opinions on the amp being 2 ohm stable. H

ow a/b the MRD-M300 or or other M series amps. Would they be better then the MRV?

I have an 89 coupe, using 4 gauge wire, would i be able to get 14.4 Vs anyways?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thx for every1s help so far. when i install my 4 channel amp for the doors and rear speakers, can i just connect the amp w/ RCA input to the harness wires by the center unit instead of going and rewiring the doors?

i really need your input on which amp to buy. the MRD-M300 or the TRV-t757

thanks again

·
Registered
242 Posts
This all depends on weather your car is Bose preamped or not. If so you will need to bypass all the amps, if not go for it. Hooking up to all the speaker from behind the head is usally what everyone does. I have a F200 and a t757 to install in my G2 sometime this summer, still waiting on a sealed box for the 1 Infinity 12" and one more amp to arrive. I'm planning on hooking up the Alpine 4ch to the stock Bose door and deck speakers, we'll see how that goes, NEways my point is that I will be tapping into the output wires from the Bose amp to hit the speakers and I don't believe we'll need any heavier gauge than that.

I'll let you know how the t757 sounds when it's in. And I would install 8 gauge wire to 1 capacitor and then 8 gauge to the amps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts