Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these things are goin for $120 on ebay all the time. id like to get a set for myself, does anyone have these installed and with pics? hows' the quality? i know $120 ain't worth it, but hey they're just little stickies. thanx:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put some brushed aluminum trim pieces on my S2000 to brighten up an interior inspired by a coal bin. I wouldn't think of putting aluminum trim on a Gen 2 Legend. The wood on an LS is beautiful. If I had an L, I'd consider finding some real wood trim from an LS.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Well I bought one for my 91 l. I wanted wood but since my interior was blue it doesnt look right, I agree if you can get real wood get it if not.... TH ekit fit ok out of 10 I give it a 6 . Easy to install but fades yelloish after about 6 months

·
Registered
744 Posts
FYI, I'm not too sure what everyones idea of Brushed Aluminum is BUT.... the Brushed aluminum kits that you get off ebay are PEEL AND STICK. Furthermore - they may be brushed aluminum, however - the actual aluminum is thin as thin as foil and is sandwhiched between 3M tape and a thick clear plastic poly coating.

I went to a car show in NJ and asked this guy who had a G2 Coupe how much he paid for a REAL brushed aluminum trim kit - which was identical to OE trim (ergo thick, solid, preformed aluminum) and he said $750.00.

Just look at the pictures for the brushed aluminum or carbon fiber kits on ebay for $120.00 - they are flat.

Good luck if you end up buying a kit. FYI, I have a friend who has one brand new brushed aluminum dash kit (same as on ebay) for a G2 Manual Coupe for $85.00 shipped.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
85 bucks?

whered your friend get the kit for such a cheaper price? btw, there's also a carbon fiber version of the kit on ebay. it looks slightly different..i think its a different producer. anybody kno about this?

·
Registered
744 Posts
LMAO, he got the kit off ebay for like a buck seventeen or somthing. He has tried to contact the seller to return the package however, the seller has refused to return his emails. Negative ebay feedback has not been left on either the seller or my friends account. Kind of like a pickle cause the moment he does post a neg on the seller, the seller will neg on Davids account.

Anyways, It looks good - just not was my friend expected. He thought he was going to get the real - preformed - through and through aluminum dash trim for a buck twenty and thats not the case.

Anyways, the 85.00 is an attempt to recoop.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - THEN IT IS.

KNLNGUS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts