Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday as I was making my hour-plus-long commute from Center City Philadelphia, I noticed a really nice red G2 Coupe in my rear view mirror. I got all happy as I was driving down the highway, slowing down so that I could watch that beautiful car. As the two guys got closer, I just assumed that we would give each other a brotherly nod, but to my surprise, they didn't seem to notice me. Now, it is true that I drive a sedan - and it was a little dirty, but it is still an Acura Legend.

My question: Why no love?

Am I being a punk to expect every Legend driver to be as enthusiastic as I am when it comes to seeing another Legend on the road?

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
I feel you. I always feel like I should get a brotherly (or sisterly) nod from fellow Legend owners, but no. I never do. And don't feel overly sensitive, it makes me a little :( when I don't feel enthusiasm from the other Legend owners. I think that some of them just picked up their car because it was cheap, not because they have Legend love.

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
ive only ever gotten a response from one person. and he found me. i was pumping gas into my cashmere silver coupe and this guy rolls up right behind me with the same car minus the spoiler. we talked for a minute and he said hes on the forums. but usually no one even looks over.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There's just something about Sedans. I have a coupe, and I don't look at sedans that much, unless they're obviously modded (rims, exhaust, etc.). I seem to look at coupes whenever I see them, modded or not.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
There's just something about Sedans. I have a coupe, and I don't look at sedans that much, unless they're obviously modded (rims, exhaust, etc.). I seem to look at coupes whenever I see them, modded or not.
thats what makes the sedans so nice in my opinion, once modified its not expected, u gotta look lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I try to give love to all the Legends, coupes or sedans, G1s or G2s. Acura struck a real chord with me on this model (particularly the G2 coupes), but its sad to see the beaters that are barely clinging to life now. Even with that though, I still try to give a nod whenever I see one. Its like passing a fellow motorcyclist, there's an unwritten law, regardless if its a touring bike or a crotch rocket, you always give 'the nod'.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I always point at legends for my wife to see when I'm driving with her(It bothers her that's why I do it). I never get a look back but the other day I saw a white G2 coupe just like mine. I pointed and the guy looked at me and honked at me and pointed too. My wife thought it was me honking(same sounding horn) and got pissed.:lol:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
word so many older people drive legends cuz theyre a family car and reliable. ive only once had another legend driver recognize me and roll down his window to talk.
^^^^^^^^^^^ yo why didnt u come to the last bay meet, ur car looks like a beauty

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
no old people drive legends in ottawa.
but there are only like 2/10-15 Legends in Ottawa worth looking at.

MINE obviously being one of them :p teheheh
and this amazing black coupe... Fkin sexy car ... dont think hes part of the forum.. none of them are :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
I agree with the old people thing, too many of them on the road driving cars that have too much potential to be in their puny wrinkled hands. Thats why the Buick was made. Its the only reason. Aside from that theres been many a time that i throw up a wave or a nod and get nothing. Very dissapointing...

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Why isn't there some unspoken Legend law, like the motorcycle one???

I got so excited this week, because I've seen a ridiculous amount of Legends come out of the woodwork. I've live here for two years and haven't seen shit, then all of the sudden...BAM!! But none of them even blink at me :(

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I always point at legends for my wife to see when I'm driving with her(It bothers her that's why I do it). I never get a look back but the other day I saw a white G2 coupe just like mine. I pointed and the guy looked at me and honked at me and pointed too. My wife thought it was me honking(same sounding horn) and got pissed.:lol:
damn thats some funny shit... My girl gets mad when i show her other legends too.. She thinks i spend too much on my coupe.

But then i have to remind her that some other girl would love to ride shotgun if she keeps it up. :yes:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Why isn't there some unspoken Legend law, like the motorcycle one???

I got so excited this week, because I've seen a ridiculous amount of Legends come out of the woodwork. I've live here for two years and haven't seen shit, then all of the sudden...BAM!! But none of them even blink at me :(
alot of old people had their legends before us, and like us or even more THEY LOVE THEM...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
like onetime i went to buy my sound system in downtown NY and i saw this nice ass coupe. It was like a silver color with some unique wheels. the guy came out and saw me checking it out and ask me if i liked it and we begun to talk.
He had it since 1996 it was brand new when he got it he said. and now its blowing a little smoke. he said he got it with like 14 miles on it, now its like 187k He had a custom speaker box in the trunk and the original fog lamps. his interior was sooooo sick (nice). Thats the nicest coupe i ever saw

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
Lately I've been seeing a lot of women driving around G1 and G2. But sadly, they are all stock and half of them I've seen had bad body damage and stuff falling off.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.