Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is the story....

Last year I took my car to a respectable body shop to get a complete paint job on my Legend. They quoted me $1800.00 for a complete custom pearl paint job but 2 days after I dropped my car off, the body shop manager called me and tells me to come pick the car up because his painter was suppose to come back to do my car but just called and is taking an extended vacation for another month! I was like W_T_F!!! What kind of business are you running here? He said he had other painters but they specialized in collision work and not complete stripping and painting of cars.
Anyways, my life got busy and I was never able to get the car back to the shop until last week. By this time I had my Andy's Autosport kit as well and once again went to him and asked him to paint my car as well as mount the kit.

Once again I dropped my car off with the kit after speaking to his assistant informing him that I had spoken to the manager & had already recieved a quote from him. Keep in mind that I was referred to this body shop through a friend who had his entire car and body kit done there with amazing results. Anyways, after a couple days the asshole calls me again and tells me that he AGAIN won't be able to paint my car because "apparently" both his painter & other bodyshop guy have both quit that day and have opened their own shop somewhere downtown! I was like W_T_F!!!! a second time?!?!?!?

This is really starting to piss me off! Anyone else think I'm getting dicked around here? What is pissing me off even more is if this dumbass bodyshop manager had quoted me a price that was less than what he anticipated, why couldn't he just say that instead of giving me the run around.

Anyways, to make a long story short. I'm having another friend of mine call this place and ask to have his car painted. If the manager says "sure, we can paint it", then all hell is gonna break loose because I would have caught him in a lie!!!

Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent. Any advice would be appreciated.

SaGe69

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't think you're being given the run around. I mean, if the painter went on vacation, it would seem to be good customer service to have you pick your car up since they weren't gonna be able to work on it. Why pay all the extra money to store your car at his shop for no reason?

As for this recent trip... its kinda like last time. If he ain't gonna work on it, why leave it there.

Seems to me like you're just having some bad luck with this shop. Why not take your money elsewhere? You mentioned that the painter opened his own shop. That's seem to be a good place to try since you're already a fan of his work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.