Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
More than half of my time spent in my legend is used to stare at my temp gauge,whether its idling or driving.WHY...WHY...? Am i not supposed to enjoy the scenery when going for a nice weekend drive ?why stare at a temp gauge ?

· Registered
1,306 Posts
It's only temporary. For the first few weeks after I finished my Type II swap, I too was on temp. watch but after I realized that my new motor didn't have any overheating issues, i stopped staring. Now I am back on temp. watch because I think I have a faulty thermostat. These days, instead of seeing my temp. needle rise, I watch it drop below the blue...lol.:)

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
hotstartup said:
we all do it from time to time.
Yeah. After going through a BHG on my '91 coupe a year ago (almost exactly), I now know how quickly the damage can be done. I swear, when I drove that thing I kept my eyes on the temp. more than on the road. On the '94, I still have that habit to an extent, although there are never any surprises. It hasn't budged in the last 100k miles (or ever, from what I understand) from normal operating temperature or below.

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
I usually glance at mine while driving, especially while on long trips

· Registered
9 Posts
Here's my crazy scenario driving home from work tonight: I was driving for about 5 miles at 65 mph when suddenly the gauge shot straight up almost to the red zone! I slowed down, got in the right lane to take an exit, cursing and praying (!), then-it returned to normal! I drove 20 more miles, pulled off the interstate and relaxed (2 miles from home), then it did it again! I stopped, felt the hood, smelled around and no apparent problem. When I started it up again, gauge returned to normal. I just checked my coolant after she sat in the garage for 3 hours. It's normal level.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.