Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an old post relating to memo seats and tried to squeeze my question into it but no-one is checking it out. I think my question is pretty simple: When programming seat positions, where should I hear the beep from? My speakers? The control buttons themselves? Behind the dash?
If I dont hear a beep and I have checked fuse 20, what are possible failures to check out? The power seat controls work, but I have no indication that the memo controls work.
Any ideas? Thanks.

· Banned
3,429 Posts
i think the unit it self beeps. it wont beep if you have the door open...

but to see if you have the feature...press the red button...move the seats and mirrors (steering wheel too if you have a 94 or 95) and then press 1 or 2

then move the seat to a different position and then hit whichever button you set your preferences on.

if your seat doesnt slide back to where the car memorized it, then your system isnt working properly. if it does, than your good to go.

if it doesnt work, try disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery and then reconnecting it after 15 seconds or so

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i disconnected the negative terminal for approx 15 sec. My clocks were reset but i still heard no beeping come from the unit. This sucks. Since the motors for the seats work properly, it seems to me there is an error with communication between the memo unit and the motors. I imagine a new door handle unit with a functioning memo device would be a possible solution.
Any more ideas before I forget that my car should remember?

· Stop eyeballin' me, dawg!
1,209 Posts
Are you holding the red button until you hear two beeps? It might just be that you aren't giving it enough time before the beep, and releasing it prematurely may void the attempt at committing it to memory. You should hear the beeps coming from the driver's seat area. Don't know specific location, but I know I hear it in my left ear sort of in front of me when I set mine. If you take the seat out of memory position, the green light next to the "1" or "2" should go out. If it is in one of the two positions, it should light up next to "1" or "2", whichever the position is saved to. When in doubt, hold the button longer. If your arm gets tired and it still isn't working, there's a problem!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.