Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am about to complete my system and all I need now is a decent 400 watt amp, I put my friends amo in my car for a while and it just didnt sound right. this is my set up, Alpine CDA 7894 HU, 4 pioneer 6.5 3 way speakers, 2 JL 10w0s and the amp I used was a 300 watt 2 way pyramid amp(AKA pile of ****) For some reason, im guessing the amp, the sound quality was crap and the bass just didnt sound right. Even with tweaking the sub control on the HU it sounded ****ty. That would be because ogf the bad amp right? What would you guys suggest for a amp to fit this system, the subs are rated at 250 watts a peice I think. I dont need an amp for the speakers either because it is a 60X4 HU and I dont need any more power to the seakers. I am not just after bass either, I listen to all types of music, Sound quality is my #1 so that comes first, but I do want to be able to pound if I want to. Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the subs are 8 ohm Im not sure if that has an effect but thats what they are.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Running the subs at 8 ohms makes a huge difference. This is your first problem. If possible wire them so they are at 4ohms or 2 ohms. This will nearly double the power that you get. Read in your manual that came with the subs about how to wire them for different ohm ratings. Not sure about your amp but try to figure out if you can wire your subs at 4ohms.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I bought them from a friend and they have no instructions with them, nor do I know how to wire them for different ohms. Could someone help me with this too?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Are they single or dual voice coil?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Chuck-Hu$tle said:
Thanks for the info, I bought them from a friend and they have no instructions with them, nor do I know how to wire them for different ohms. Could someone help me with this too?
Check the sticky post for ohms. It's VERY helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts