Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gettin ready to put a 200 watt amplified bass tube in my truck of my GS and im not really wanting to run a power wire all the way from my batt to my trunk..is there any way i could do this? Is there any way i could use the power wire off the bose amp behind my back seat? The bass tube has a high level input so i dont have to run any rca's, it would just be nice not to have to tear my car apart and if i do have to run a power wire does anyone know the best way to get it though the firewall??

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
best way i got threw was on pass inner fender threw a wiring hole, than cut a lil slit into the door wiring plug ran it threw there.. it is not easy tho

· Call me Mister
707 Posts
I tapped into the wire powering the Bose amp for a sub for a few months without problems. By the time you mess around with hooking your amp up that way, you could be halfway done with running a wire from the battery. I would definitely go the correct route if at all possible.
The best wiring routes differ for sedan and coupe- With the sedan I found the best option for me was to drill a hole throught the firewall directly above the deadpedal.
Here's a nice step-by-step subwoofer install from Koji's site...
http://24.96.59.129:8080/LEGENDtuner/upgrades/subwoofer.html

· Registered
186 Posts
What I did was ran the battery, remote, and RCA inputs through the ski sleeve lol... Tucked them under the seat ran up the driver side, and you can run it threw this hole in the top right of the fender than to the battery... It was really easy.. RE-wiring the whole car is a B!#$%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.