Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new deck for my Legend and I had already changed the front speakers. I will change the rear speakers before installing the new deck because they will probably overheat my deck. I know the speakers have a lower resistance/impedance, but if I run 4 ohm speakers off the factory amp using an aftermarket deck, will I still risk overworking the deck or is that ok? If anyone knows the answer, please reply. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha

1991 Acura Legend LS Sedan

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
simgarcha said:
I bought a new deck for my Legend and I had already changed the front speakers. I will change the rear speakers before installing the new deck because they will probably overheat my deck. I know the speakers have a lower resistance/impedance, but if I run 4 ohm speakers off the factory amp using an aftermarket deck, will I still risk overworking the deck or is that ok? If anyone knows the answer, please reply. Thanks in advance.

Sim Garcha

You probably be better off running the new speakers right off the deck. Cuz your factory amp is only 80Watts peak for all 6 speakers. Your new deck can probably dish out the same power. And it'll be less of an headache than trying to wire the factory amp to the new head.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, I want to say, MAN!, WhiteLegend you are fast in repsonding. Thanks. I guess you're right, my new system is 180W so I think (unless the 80W means RMS), that it should be more powerful and I will save the hassle of wiring the amp. When I go to get the deck installed, I will tell the technician to bypass the amp. Thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated.

Sim Garcha

P.S. I think you replied faster than I did! :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
simgarcha said:
First of all, I want to say, MAN!, WhiteLegend you are fast in repsonding. Thanks. I guess you're right, my new system is 180W so I think (unless the 80W means RMS), that it should be more powerful and I will save the hassle of wiring the amp. When I go to get the deck installed, I will tell the technician to bypass the amp. Thanks a lot for the info. Much appreciated.

Sim Garcha

P.S. I think you replied faster than I did! :)
Haha, I keep my outlook on, so it tells me when a message is here. I saw it was your reply, I was like...didn't I just reply 5 minutes ago:)
Anyways, glad to help, good luck on your install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts