Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a more powerful amp for my subs I don't know how powerful they are though. When I bought them they were already in the box for me.

Also would the amp I have now be good for my other speakers.

All suggestions welcome :D :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
What kind of JBL subs are they? JBL has like four or five different lines of subs. Loud and Clear, DS, GT, and the Power line. I think I'm missing one. Look at thier website, match up the pic's and get the specs from there. Or you can go to www.crutchfield.com and do the same thing. That 360 you have should be plenty of power for them if the rest of your charging system is working like it should i.e. battery and alternator.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the crutchfield site and my speakers look like the GT1081 speakers. The amp I have now is O.K. but I wan to connect it to my interior speakers, so that's why I want suggestions on an amp for the subs. :) :) :) :)

Thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's not the amp that you need to change, you gotta get rid of those JBL subs, I had a 360a2 not very long ago and trust me that's plently of power to power most mid line subs out there. Your 360 is pushing some where in the lower 500 watts range I can almost guaranty it, mine was doing 551 watts. Now that's almost doubling the power. If you like single sub get yourself something with a 4 ohm VC. Or get 2 8 ohm subs or 2 dvc 4 ohm. Your amp will do it's best at 4 ohm mono. If you try wire them at 2 ohms mono you'll have the risk of frying your amp. If you like the JBL sub I think you'll be happier with say a JL audio 12w0 or IDQ 12 you can probably find yourself a 12w0 for 90 bucks or so or the IDQ for about 100-150. The IDQ will give you a lot better SQ though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts