Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know Rule #1 is to SEARCH for your answers, but I'm here to renew my friendships and renew my vows w/ the Acura Legend forums.

As some of you may know, I started my travels onto the forums with my first car ever given to me by my sister, a gold colored base level 1989 Acura Legend coupe w/ gold cloth interior. I loved that car. Like many high mileage cars that aren't taken care of, it succumbed to it's inherent shortcomings (not being maintained, rust) and I had to get rid of it a few years back.

During the time I owned this car, DaveC, another forum vet emailed me/called me, informed me that "my car" was at a Bethesda Jaguar dealership "just waiting to be bought". In fact, HE was going to buy it but his wife naysay'ed it (unfortunately). 1993 Acura Legend 6speed coupe w/ 56k miles, canterbury green that ONLY came in 1993 and no other years (it came in sedans as well).

Anyways, I've done a lot of travelling, been up and down the east coast but I'm now settled down in the Miami / Ft Lauderdale area. The amount of NICE looking cars down here is sobering so I'm BACK to the forums to get ideas , links to group buys for anything and everything to get this 93 Legend coupe to be able to stand next to any and all those newer cars that are on the road today.

What I have so far :
Autolamps-Online 6000K Ultinon HID kit
Clear Corners
Upgraded brake lines
Cross drilled / slotted rotors & brake pads
Stromung Catback exhaust
Weapon-R Cold Box Intake
Audio system that's out of this world and I'm real happy w/
(2 boston acoustic pro series 6.5's fronts, boston acoustics rm9 rear sets, jl audio 750.4 amp that gives 150 rms to fronts and 75 rms to rears, 2 jl audio 12d2w4 subs and a 350x2 amp running it, etc.

What's left -
2 new front leather reupholstery for front seats
Possible rear reupholstery for seats as i'd like it all to look new
Tint
19's
Replace HIDs and clear corners w/ one piece headlight and HIDs

As you may see in my sig, I have a 90 Legend coupe 5speed that will be my next project car but it's back in VA til I move it down by the end of this year. That one still has some time to go...

I've seen that there have been new things on the boards, people designing their own ECU chips and a whole bunch of other stuff that even if I tried to research it, wouldnt find it. Anyways, if anyone knows of anything else, link me to the other posts or give me some names to search for so I can get this 93 Legend coupe to be the hottest coupe in the greater Miami area.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the engine damper used for? I'm a lil ignorant on the subject...

Also, I'm gonna be looking at a chip soon.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Hey welcome back!!! :woot:

Glad to hear things have gone well....

I couldnt help but notice that you also lack a short shifter :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey welcome back!!! :woot:

Glad to hear things have gone well....

I couldnt help but notice that you also lack a short shifter :D
I do , I do.
I guess I have to get on it, don't I? LOL

·
I'van der Rohe
12,824 Posts
JOOOOSEEEEEE My DUDE!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

*says in Jose's voice* 3030Radio :lol:

That's wack you moved to Miami, I'm back in the DC Metro Area. I just moved back early this year. Work moved you to My am I?

Glad to see you're still pushing the Legend...

·
Registered
244 Posts
shouting out from Hollywood,fl

Hi, Ok i just got in on the Ksport groupbuy that is going on RIGHT now, what kind of suspension system do you got going on? Addco swaybars yet? mine are on hold till i see whats up with some rims. Fut rear tie bars? From a rear view of my car, when you see the short bar shining down there, you'll know something is up with the suspension (they really helped out the rear of the car, and my shocks right now are shot. MLS strut tower bar? just got mine/put it on. Major difference!! i also like the looks of the IDS strut bar too and i think its cheaper but i've delt with Fut a couple of times and always left me impressed. And as far as reupholster...Iggee seat covers was the best add i've done to my car. I hated the crap ass cloth seat cover that was being used to cover up my ate up leather. Right off the bat though i would have to say Telion chip. i want to take a listen to your Stromung exhuast in person. how long have you had it installed? and from your avatar pic, your ride stands up realll nice.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jose! An OG returns! 3030Radio still alive? Get @ me---
I've not done 3030Radio in at least 3 yrs now.
I'mma get back on my grind and start doing shows again.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JOOOOSEEEEEE My DUDE!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

*says in Jose's voice* 3030Radio :lol:

That's wack you moved to Miami, I'm back in the DC Metro Area. I just moved back early this year. Work moved you to My am I?

Glad to see you're still pushing the Legend...
Yea man, I got BIG plans for the G2. G1 comes later but G2 is gonna be BOSS (think Ricky Ross type BOSS). Except it won't be white on white. LOL.

Anyways bro, come down to MIA so we can roll like big dogs.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Met up w/ FromaQ in Hollywood,FL a few days back, what a wonderful person, he's even got his wife thoroughly involved in the whole modding process (I wish I had someone so supportive!)..

I promised him that the next time he sees my car, it will be 502 Motorsport'ed out.

Just wait!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
It looks as though we may have makings for a Broward county group here!!!!
Is there any interest in getting a group together in Broward???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts