Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
i'm so sick of people ripping on canada.
who cares about the cold weather, its a finer nation.
all the while we in the US act all high and mighty
what major problems does canada face?
what international fiasco's have they gotten themselves into?

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
Like the USA, Canada has an imploding health-care system, political unrest, etc. Actually, many, many countries have these issues. On the flip side, Canadians are perceived to be good, laid-back people who make fabulous beer. They also make manufacture a lot of cars and durable goods.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole-hill. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ok I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for saying this but I just can't take it anymore. This country SUCKS and so do many of it's people and their mentality. I'm a white non-imigrant middle class male and the people I like the most in our country are the ones born outside of the US. Lawyers, pc advocates, and right wingers have absolutly ruined this country and made those of us who are frequent world travelers feel like idiots to be polite. I know this is a broad generalization and doesn't apply to everybody in this country, but I'm at my boiling point and I have to vent. This macho were better than everyone Ford Excursion driving mentality has gotta be taken down with extreme force. Please keep in mind that this is simply my OPINION and I encourage the opinion of others, but I just can't take it anymore. I have much more on my chest but I have to attend a meeting here in a few minutes and I'm sure you guys could do without hearing it. Thanks for allowing me to speak my mind. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Honda F1 said:
Ok I know I'm gonna get a lot of flack for saying this but I just can't take it anymore. This country SUCKS and so do many of it's people and their mentality. I'm a white non-imigrant middle class male and the people I like the most in our country are the ones born outside of the US. Lawyers, pc advocates, and right wingers have absolutly ruined this country and made those of us who are frequent world travelers feel like idiots to be polite. I know this is a broad generalization and doesn't apply to everybody in this country, but I'm at my boiling point and I have to vent. This macho were better than everyone Ford Excursion driving mentality has gotta be taken down with extreme force. Please keep in mind that this is simply my OPINION and I encourage the opinion of others, but I just can't take it anymore. I have much more on my chest but I have to attend a meeting here in a few minutes and I'm sure you guys could do without hearing it. Thanks for allowing me to speak my mind. :)
I know what you are trying to say. A lot of pretentious people out there

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Sage, relax. Anytime our American brothers have invaded Canada they have had their asses handed to them. The cold makes us mean and nasty. The beer makes us crazy. This joker Coulter forgets who is supplying the gas for his SUV. China is getting real interested in our natural resources. Wouldn't that be interesting? Just kiddin you guys-maybe.

·
Registered
767 Posts
give her a break.. after all she is blonde.. probably doesnt even know shes awake :giggle: .. one thing she forgot to think about is that canada is still part of the comonwealth.. and has the backing of the eu and a large part of the rest of the world.. i doubt theyd get far if they tried to invade..lol.. but now you can understand why foreigners think they way they think about americans especially when the media airs stuff like that.. personally ive only ever meet 5 of you fullaz and 4.5 where the steriotype and i didnt like them.. but we dont really get to see the real americans cos the media always blows it and our media only shows the stuff that we shake our heads at.. :confused:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ha Yetchh, you wouldn't be able to tell who the American travellers are over there because they pretend they are Canadians.
You know I haven't met an American I don't like. The ones that come up here to fish and hunt are pretty decent people. They admit that they come up here because the natural habitat for fish and game has been pretty well decimated down there. They appreciate dog sledding and the natural stuff that this moron figure makes us a bunch of hicks. So what!

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Who's the a--hole who wrote that? I wanna know where I can write them at because that is one of the most disgustings statements i've ever read in my life. What exactly does she mean about Canada being like HOnduras? What is she saying about Honduras? Im from Honduras and damm proud of it and I must say that I work harder than the average american man or woman. Statements like this really make me understand why we americans are hated by all.

·
Fighting Irish
633 Posts
I just want to say that people hating Americans because of what a few (albeit loud) Americans say about Canada (or any other country) is tantamount to Americans hating everyone from the Middle East because a very small number of them are terrorists and are out to harm us. Stereotyping people based on where they are from is always wrong, even though it is *very* fashionable right now to hate on the US.

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
LegendFan91 said:
I just want to say that people hating Americans because of what a few (albeit loud) Americans say about Canada (or any other country) is tantamount to Americans hating everyone from the Middle East because a very small number of them are terrorists and are out to harm us. Stereotyping people based on where they are from is always wrong, even though it is *very* fashionable right now to hate on the US.
:werd:

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
LegendFan91 said:
Where do stereotypes of Blondes, Americans(by other Americans and Canadians) and the media, come into play. We have seen plenty of that in this thread. What i think is funny is that you get riled up about her comment, but you do exactly the same thing, I dont know if you even realize what you are doing. You complain about what she does, then you do EXACTLY THE SAME THING. :confused: Be a bigger person.

what happened to people who believed this, its what our freedom of speech clause originated from:
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire
1694-1778

One person makes a comment, and immediatly it gets thrown into "this is a horrible place to live" If you have ever been to a third world country, you know that this is a GREAT place to live, and we are free to do so many things. Be grateful for what you have and where you are. Improve the system if you can. If you cannot or will not get off your ass and do something to fix it, then quit whining.

·
Registered
577 Posts
tnelson said:
Where do stereotypes of Blondes, Americans(by other Americans and Canadians) and the media, come into play. We have seen plenty of that in this thread. What i think is funny is that you get riled up about her comment, but you do exactly the same thing, I dont know if you even realize what you are doing. You complain about what she does, then you do EXACTLY THE SAME THING. :confused: Be a bigger person.

what happened to people who believed this, its what our freedom of speech clause originated from:
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire
1694-1778

One person makes a comment, and immediatly it gets thrown into "this is a horrible place to live" If you have ever been to a third world country, you know that this is a GREAT place to live, and we are free to do so many things. Be grateful for what you have and where you are. Improve the system if you can. If you cannot or will not get off your ass and do something to fix it, then quit whining.
:bowdown: That is the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Personally, I think Ann Coulter is doing it for more publicity. She's an author, she wants people to buy her books. If she says outrageous things and people believe her, they'll be more likely to buy her books and read up on it. That's my two cents.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
94LCoupe said:
Personally, I think Ann Coulter is doing it for more publicity. She's an author, she wants people to buy her books. If she says outrageous things and people believe her, they'll be more likely to buy her books and read up on it. That's my two cents.
Exactly, The more people you get talking about it, the more people buy it. If you had never heard of her, and saw her name on some forum, and walked into a bookstore and saw it, simply because you have heard some discussion, you consider buying it, just to know what people are talking about. Its not that you agree with her. The people that completely agree with her are going to buy her book anyway. Its the rest of the population, who heard the name mentioned by some guy, but really doesnt know whats going on, those are the people this reaches. They see it, they have heard of it, and they wanna know why every one is talking about it.

I'm sure michael moore LOVED it when people had websites about him, trying to make him look stupid and a bunch of people were pissed at him. It was FREE PUBLICITY, which means FREE ADVERTISING. Thats all this is about. You ranting about it just sells more things for them. You are helping the people you rant so negatively about.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
tnelson said:
Exactly, The more people you get talking about it, the more people buy it. If you had never heard of her, and saw her name on some forum, and walked into a bookstore and saw it, simply because you have heard some discussion, you consider buying it, just to know what people are talking about. Its not that you agree with her. The people that completely agree with her are going to buy her book anyway. Its the rest of the population, who heard the name mentioned by some guy, but really doesnt know whats going on, those are the people this reaches. They see it, they have heard of it, and they wanna know why every one is talking about it.

I'm sure michael moore LOVED it when people had websites about him, trying to make him look stupid and a bunch of people were pissed at him. It was FREE PUBLICITY, which means FREE ADVERTISING. Thats all this is about. You ranting about it just sells more things for them. You are helping the people you rant so negatively about.
Precisely my point.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.