Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting fuel system service done the techs couldn't help but say, "That car performs and runs great!"

They absolutely loved the performance after test driving and said that it was an excellent car to own!

Another great tech who knows what he's talking about :D

Thanks for reading,

Gil.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel System Service

Nah bro, it was a little bit more than just that. They used a kit made by BG products and it includes BG Top Engine cleaner, some other stuff that is feed in through the intake vacuum lines, and then they drop BG 44K in the fuel tank to top it off.

So first they cleaned out the throttle body w/ brush and cleaner stuff (comes w/kit), then feed the other stuff in the intake vacuum lines and drive around a bit to clean it out of the system, and then put the BG 44K in the fuel tank and drive to operating temperature and let sit for the night. Next day drive it around and let sit again (this will let it settle and clean). Then take it in the next day to get the idle adjusted because it will clean real good and make that much of a difference.

This shop was not the dealership but is recommended throughout the metroplex and known to have great service.

What dealerships do is after they do a service on the car, they'll drop in some fuel additive so that way customers feel something was really done right because of the performance of the car when they get it back. :)

Gil.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
3M has a kit. Attaches to fuel line. Vehicle runs off of cleaner for about 20 min. Anytime you have the top end cleaned, change your oil.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Re: Fuel System Service

LegendMS said:

So first they cleaned out the throttle body w/ brush and cleaner stuff (comes w/kit), then feed the other stuff in the intake vacuum lines and drive around a bit to clean it out of the system, and then put the BG 44K in the fuel tank and drive to operating temperature and let sit for the night. Next day drive it around and let sit again (this will let it settle and clean). Then take it in the next day to get the idle adjusted because it will clean real good and make that much of a difference.

Gil.
Hey Gil are you sure they aren't just using you to drive your car?? Maybe they love it that much. :D :D :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Acurate420,

The dealer was going to charge me $89.95 plus tax but they use some other products (not sure of what and it's different at every dealer). The Honda/Acura Shop I went to charges $115 plus tax but when I explained what the dealer was charging, they went ahead and did it for $90 with tax included. So I went with them because they use the BG Fuel System Package.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts