Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any hazardous issues with running my OEM 9005 hi beams in the 9006 low beam socket. I noticed that the 9005 has a more white look to it that the 9006 low beams. Any burn out problem I should be aware of.
 

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
Joined
·
402 Posts
That's what I was wondering too!?!?

I am wondering the same thing because for a while I did that and switch back because I was scared that it would melt the inside light housing or something. I hope some one know more than we do on this one. It sounds ****ed up but I hope if some one screwed up there headlights they would let us know so they can save future legends!!!!:( :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
You should not have any problems with it. I say this because the stock 9005 bulbs are the exact same 55w as the 9006 bulbs.

You can get the Phillips blue vision 9005 bulbs and they are 55w as well. I had the 9005 conversion on my car, but have since switched to 900x Piaa SuperPlasma bulbs. I like the purplish tint that i have, but the light output isn't as great as the 9005 bulbs. I have been thinking about switching back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sushi and Latin. Oh, yeah I forgot about the legendtuner site. They did talk about that. I gonna go out side and convert now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
sushilicious

Where did you get your PIAA 9005 superplasma bulbs at and for how much? I am thinking about using the PIAA 9005 superplasma bulbs in my other car which has stock projection headlamps - the projection bulbs are 9005 for both high and low in my other car.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
I'm runnin' with the cool blues,(9006 I think) and to this very moment i'm not having any burnout problems.
 

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
Where can I find these Phillips bluevision? I have the Piaa superwhite bulbs and I must say that they look more yellowish than anything else. I have Piaa extreme white bulbs on the corner and they look real good but don't match the headlights. Do you have pics of the phillips bluevisions on the legend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Man, I just did it with philips bluevision at it sucks

I got them from kmart for $28.24 and they r yellow, I put back my9006 focuz that I've had for more than 3yrs, on two diff. cars and they look better.If I were you guys I would test bulb in original 9005 form to see if u like color, before u do any modifying to it.I should have done this in first place but I never heard anything bad about it.I'm gonna be able to return it cause the old woman working at kmart will not question the return.If she does I'll just say they did'nt stay/fit. But if u buy it from performance shop u won't be able to b.s. them, so check first guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
Triton3K said:
Where can I find these Phillips bluevision? I have the Piaa superwhite bulbs and I must say that they look more yellowish than anything else. I have Piaa extreme white bulbs on the corner and they look real good but don't match the headlights. Do you have pics of the phillips bluevisions on the legend?
Triton, bluevisions are not going to look whiter or bluer than Piaa. I assume you have piaa platinum superwhites? I used to have that, and yes the lights are a little yellow compared to other superwhites, but the light output is amazin. Now I'm using Piaa superplasma 900x, it fits 9005 and 9006. The light output of these are not as good as the platinums, but still very very good. And the color is really white with a little purple hue to them when looking at them from an angle. Closest to HID IMO.
 

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
WhiteLegend said:


Triton, bluevisions are not going to look whiter or bluer than Piaa. I assume you have piaa platinum superwhites? I used to have that, and yes the lights are a little yellow compared to other superwhites, but the light output is amazin. Now I'm using Piaa superplasma 900x, it fits 9005 and 9006. The light output of these are not as good as the platinums, but still very very good. And the color is really white with a little purple hue to them when looking at them from an angle. Closest to HID IMO.
I do have the platinum superwhites and I expected them to be alittle more whiter but they look too yellowish to me. I also have the piaa extremes on my corner lights and bumper lights and i've had no luck on trying to find the extremes for the 900x application. If i do find them, then i'll have to get them.
 
G

·
SushiLicious said:
but have since switched to 900x Piaa SuperPlasma bulbs. I like the purplish tint that i have
Could you take a picture of those Piaa's. I have really wanted to see what they look like, and the pictures over at LegendTuner really aren't that great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,730 Posts
Triton3K said:


I do have the platinum superwhites and I expected them to be alittle more whiter but they look too yellowish to me. I also have the piaa extremes on my corner lights and bumper lights and i've had no luck on trying to find the extremes for the 900x application. If i do find them, then i'll have to get them.
piaa extremes comes in 9005 or 9006.

Here's a link for 9006 on ebay

Here's the link to 9005 on ebay
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top