Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just looked around online today. I was wondering what would be the closest to fitting in our G1's. I'm sure we have all thought about this. Anyways, I was looking at the Civic 3-door 90-91 and they seem to be pretty close to ours. I was wondering if with a little modification you could make them fit? If you find some way to mount them and then fill in the gaps with some kinda black rubber substance. There already is a gap between the headlights and the corners. I was just wondering if you guys think it may be possible to make them work? I hate that amber look. I found the Civic clears for $16. I think I might go to the junk yard and pull some off to compare them closer. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You know you can get clear corners for the coupe, right? They are a little expensive, but that's probably better than trying to make something else work. Check the FAQ in my sig, or do a search in this forum.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Vince, I know... I just don't have $200 to spend on clear corners. If some other ones almost fit and can be made to look good I would much rather do that. I was just wondering what would be the closest match.

·
Registered
507 Posts
how close are the coup lights to the sedan lights? If you were abled to pull this off I would be very interested to hear about it, so that I could maybe do it too. I am hating those red and amber lights. Also, anyone knoe of a way to remove the faux light 80s styple panel that runs all the way across the rear of my legend? I gotta get rid of this thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just paint it. I've seen them painted and they look sweet. I'll let you guys know if i can ghetto rig them in there when i find some to play with. Have to go junk yard hopping.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a pretty good idea as well. Did it blend in well with the rest of the headlights? I've also considered tinting it black. Would I just use tint on this? Or would I have to use the paint tint stuff like on blackouts? Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, just went to the junkyard today to look around for some car that may be close to ours for the corners. The civic 4 door ended up being about an inch short. The hatchback is even shorter. I could prolly make some corners from scratch easier than find some that would be close to fitting. Actually, I did here from this one guy that on a prelude you can bake the corner in the oven at 200 degrees for like 20 min and it will melt all the glue so you can take the amber part off. I wonder if it would be hard to get some plexi and put it in its place on ours. However, I didn't want to do anything permanent. I will prolly go looking for some silver tint soon. Anybody know where I should go for that? Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't recommend trying to remove the amber part using the oven method, I tried that a while back with a busted corner light I have and the plastic of the lens started to warp but the glue stayed strong. I would expect that you could buy silver tint from any tint shop.

·
Registered
507 Posts
post some pics of your car with the silver (chrome?) tint after its done. I wanna see what it looks like, I might get it done myself.

Also, what bulbs should I buy to replace the stock ones, ones that look mad nice

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bulbs in the corners are 168's I think but will also accept the much more commen 194's. I have hyperwhite(by Polarg) bulbs for the clear section. For the amber section I would recommend getting some LED amber bulbs if you are gonna leave them amber. The LED will only produce that one strand of color and isn't filtered like traditional light bulbs. It will be a crisper and brighter amber color.
Don't think I will try baking the corners anymore. I'm gonna go looking for some silver tint prolly later this week. Since it's illegal to tint cars here with mirror tint I will prolly have to do some searching. I will keep you guys posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts