Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 98 Prelude 5-speed yesterday locally, and I'll be playing Transporter Tyson tomorrow to get it to Utah, and then flying back.

The car is going to my brother who recently sold his '03 G35 6MT coupe and needed something a little more economical, with front wheel drive, while still retaining a "fun to drive" factor. This Prelude definitely fits the bill. The handling is phenomenal, and did I mention it has VTEC!!! What a riot.

It's got 129k. Purchased from the ORIGINAL owner - same guy who drove it off the lot with 9 miles on it back in 1998. All books, records, original window sticker, the works. I was pretty happy to find it. Gonna be a fun drive up to Utah this weekend, and that means the Legend finally gets to spend a couple of days in the garage untouched.

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
nice find, 129k is just barely breaking that car in! def a good looking car, I'm putting you on the hunt when I need my next car :)

·
Holla at Ya Boy
1,453 Posts
When i first saw the title of the thread , I thought you were buying the Lude for yourself. That's a great find for your brother. I've always like the styling of that generation prelude. The G35 was a great looking car, especially with the chrome wheels and Mods that were on the car. It must have been tough for him to get rid of it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ahhh the classic Tyson key exchange! Your seller did that very well! Hey Tyson, why didn't you sell your recently sold Prelude to your brother?
BTW, nice find. Great pics as always! Have a nice ride to Utah and I'm sure you'll take more pics along the way! :yes:

·
Legend Enthusiast
822 Posts
The gas situation is indeed sickening, but I am glad your brother made the best of it and found a good solution to his needs!

That generation Prelude is indeed my favorite of them all, maybe because it looks like the younger cousin of the Legend Coupe! ;)

Enjoy the drive, Tyson!

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
agreed iut will be hard to loose all that power! atleast its still fin to drive and still looks GREAT

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
It's so fresh and so clean!! Nice pickup for your bro Tyson! That white G35 was a hot ride, but this is a worthy replacement for the gas mileage factor!.

·
Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 800 mile drive went great! I enjoyed the car. My bro is already going to down on it with the detailing. He pulled the seats, dash, everything out to clean it. Then it received a clay bar, buff, and wax. It's a brand new car.
why didn't you sell your recently sold Prelude to your brother?
The timing was off just slightly. Mine was sold before we even realized he was in the market, otherwise I would have loved to keep mine in the family.
how's the ride compared to the Legend?
Ride is a little rougher, but handling is better! You can throw it around turns and there's no body roll at all. But keep in mind, I'm rolling on a worn out stock suspension in the Legend so it doesn't take much to out-handle it :).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.