Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a scenario:

1991 Legend Sedan
H&R springs/Koni shocks
18x7.5 rims
215/40/18 tires

What would the offset have to be on those rims to prevent any kind of scraping? This is what I wanna do to my car but I wanna make sure I get the offset right before ordering the rims I want. Thanks guys.

-GR

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WhiteLegend said:
I say +45 or higher, higher the better. +42 is ok for 7" rims, but might be too close for 7.5" rims
Hmm, alright thanks, I'll keep that in mind. If I can get a +45, that's what I'll do.

-GR

G

·
I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause i'm going for:

215/40/18
18X7
+40
HR's/Konis

But w/ the 7 inch width I shouldn't have any problems...Hopefully...
:(

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause i'm going for:

215/40/18
18X7
+40
HR's/Konis

But w/ the 7 inch width I shouldn't have any problems...Hopefully...
:(
No probs at all, since you are going with a 215 tire.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SoCal92LSCoupe said:
If you are going with the 7.5" rims, I suggest getting 225 instead of 215s for your tires. That way the tires will look flush with your wheels - of course, this may mean that you need a higher offset.
Yea, I don't know if I wanna risk it by going with 225s. I really don't want it to scrape.

-GR

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
SoCal92LSCoupe said:
If you are going with the 7.5" rims, I suggest getting 225 instead of 215s for your tires. That way the tires will look flush with your wheels - of course, this may mean that you need a higher offset.
I am running 225/40/18 with 18 x 7.5 with +42mm offset. I think you should try to shoot for at least a +42 with the 7.5 wheel. On my Enkei's, on this setup I had very little rubbing with the drop...they were +40 on a 7" wheel. However, they will rub on a sedan at stock height with weight in the rear...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.