Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car does another annoying thing.

On a cold start, the engine turns over like 3-4 times before it cranks up. When its warm, it cranks right up.

I imagine its just cuz its an old car -95 L Sedan, with 151k miles and a jdm swap with 30k on it 5k miles ago, but would still be less annoying if you all told me yours did the same and this is normal.

· Registered
111 Posts
quanaman said:
my car does another annoying thing.

On a cold start, the engine turns over like 3-4 times before it cranks up. When its warm, it cranks right up.

I imagine its just cuz its an old car -95 L Sedan, with 151k miles and a jdm swap with 30k on it 5k miles ago, but would still be less annoying if you all told me yours did the same and this is normal.
Unfortunately mine starts everytime first time. Stupid question but when the swap was done were the plugs etc done?

· Registered
466 Posts
Fuel Leak Down....

It is most likely due to your injectors leaking down and flooding your intake while the car sits there for a while.

Pull them out and send them to Marren Motorsports. They will clean and balance them. Worth every penny. www.injector.com

· Registered
466 Posts
Cold Start slower, NOT TRUE!

Your car should start in 3 revolutions no matter what the temperature. Fuel injection was designed to do just that. There are cold temp start up settings in your computers mapping (which can also cause problems) that dump more fule in for an easier start, just like a carb used to have a choke. The fact that the level of fuel gets higher is only a problem if there is a bunch of raw fuel sitting in the intake due to the injectors leaking down. If there is not enough fuel to start, you still need to clean the injectors to get the pintles in the end of the injectors cleaned up so that the atomization and flow through the injector is sufficient. Just clean them, put a new fuel filter and air filter on, clean the throttle body up and see if that does not fix ALL your troubles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.