Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1994 legend gs there is a vibration and noise that I get when im at a red light. Basically when in D4 or D3 it vibrates on stop. But when put in Neutral the noise and vibration are gone.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

G

·
This happens to me. I think that it is from the car trying to move but not moving because the of the brakes. It's probably the axles moving :confused: I'm just guessing though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check your axles

IMO worn drive axle/axles are probably causing this vibration.. I had the same problem at one point.. Could also be a broken rear tranny mount..

G

·
hmmmm, I used to have the problem. I just went out and was driving my car aound and noticed that it doesn't do it anymore. I just had my rear tranny mount replaced last week. Must have fixed the problem :).

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The failed rear trans mount is typically evidenced by a clunk under the console. Have you checked the CAT shield and exhaust heat diffusers? The clamps tend to rust through.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont know what it is I just had the car in the dealership and they didnt find a thing they said they didnt here it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you think it may be the rear tranny mount. THe noise is coming from the area of the air vents or under the steering column.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts