Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:
WTH is eveyone doing about their broken antennas? Will I be slapped down and called names by installing a Fuba or such?
All help sincerly appriciated...

bukowski=legend

ps MODS PLEASE add spell check so I'll sound intelligent...:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
i'm going to the dealer and buying the whole damn kit. i don't think you can just buy a motor w/o a mast.

all my car has is the mast. that sucks. but i never use the radio anyway...

when i got my car it also came with this queer looking cellular antenna installed on the top center of my rear window. i haven't really given it a look, but i wanna remove it. i hope its installed in a way i can get if off w/o leaving any holes in the window. i'll check in the morning...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
You can go to Radioshack (don't forget your pocket protector :D), they carry replacement parts for power antennas. Also, a member of the old board (Chris Nguyen aka dkny_boi) had a Fuba on his coupe. Look for his pictures at the Legend Temple.

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
EBAY!! I just got myself a new antenna off of ebay for about $60 shipped to my door. It took a little modification but it works so quietly and nice. Dont put one of those crappy little fuba's on there it will only make you look ricey.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If the mast is all that is broken, just replace the mast. About $58 at dealer and is a DIY job. Don't buy an aftermarket setup unless you are replacing the motor - and then only after consideration of the lower quality, modifications, problems later. I agree, don't get one of those rubber antennas. IMHO, they look dumb and cheap.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RS Saves the day!

The local Radio Shack is dumping all their car stereo equip including ... power antennas.... universal type, with motor, with multiple position bezels, with remote up feature.
Reg. $59.00 got it for $19.99 :D

Got a 4 channel crossover for $29.99 also...

[email protected], and I just wanted a couple batteries...

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
you lucky dog! dont forget to hook up some of that primo optimus crap.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mythical89 said:
i'm going to the dealer and buying the whole damn kit. i don't think you can just buy a motor w/o a mast.

all my car has is the mast. that sucks. but i never use the radio anyway...

when i got my car it also came with this queer looking cellular antenna installed on the top center of my rear window. i haven't really given it a look, but i wanna remove it. i hope its installed in a way i can get if off w/o leaving any holes in the window. i'll check in the morning...
Mythical89:
Man, I just took out my motor w/o mast. I believe it works. I'll test it and if it does, you can have it, just pay shipping. (I help other people be cheap too) :D
buk out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts