Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was driving home my orange anti lock light came on. This evening when I started my car again the light did not come on. Does this mean something is dying? Could it be the ABS Pressure Switch? I was just looking for some opinions and if anyone else has had this problem and what was wrong and how much did it cost.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Mine did the same thing before. One time it stay on even after restarting the car. So I turned the car back off and opened the hood and pulled every ABS related fuse and put them back, restarted, and it worked fine ever since. Don't know why it did it in the first place though.:confused:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Happens to me every month or so. After paying over $150 for Acura to try and diagnose the problem about 2 years ago with no luck I found that just resetting everything(disconnecting the battery) did the trick. It still reappears every month or so, but after resetting the battery it functions properly. Wierd huh?
Good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Jessica's ABS light comes on about 50% of the time I drive over 80mph. I recently got a lot of foot work done (New tie rod, New Rotors, New CV joints/axels) so I'm guessing that something might be loose somewhere. There is also a faint wobble in the pedal when I Stomp on it @ 75+mph.

I'm about to replace my rear rotors too in case they are warped, When could be a cause for both symptoms.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If the indicator lamp was ON, then a code was set. You need to access the code. Common problems are pressure switch and wheel sensors. I have a 92 with a pressure switch diagnosis made almost 3 yrs ago. Every couple of months it resets. I just clear the system by removing the underhood fuses for a few seconds. When the system begins to trigger more frequently, I will repair it. There has been some suggestion to clean the solenoids by initiating a series of panic stops (ex. in a vacant parking lot in the rain or isolated roadway having sand/gravel to inhibit traction) when the ABS system is operational. If the lamp stays ON, the ABS system is in default mode (off). Check to make sure that your emergency brake is fully off. This will also trigger the ABS default.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had it come on a couple of times. This last time my ABS and my BRAKE light came on.................................my master cylinder and my brake booster have to be replaced. They told me $1200.00. I called around and got used parts with a warranty for $80.00 and then $120.00 for the labor.

Have it checked!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.