Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasup everyone
lately my brake light comes on when im driving, but my parking brake isnt on. and now my anti-lock light comes on, does this mean my brake fluid is low?

·
Registered
18 Posts
i hate it when it does that!

Hey man i have an 89 legend sedan and mine keep on coming on also, usually right when it is shifting in 2nd gear cuz mine is an automatic. i'm not sure what it is but i think it is a bad sensor. all i know is that it will cost $50 to get it looked at and then it will probably take another $350 to get it fixed. I have been driving with mine on for the last 25,000 miles and it hasn't bothered me yet. so you should be alright till you fall into some money! good luck!

89 legend sedan
pioneer deck
2 12" kicker subs
500 watt orion amp
neon lights
151,XXX miles

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
First things first......

Check the fluid level in the brake master cylinder. If it's low, the BRAKE light will come on. If the BRAKE light stays on for a length of time (I forget how long) the ALB light will also come on.

Top off the master cylider with fresh fluid and both lights should turn off.

·
Registered
685 Posts
you also might want to be cautious, I had the same problem, and I of course:rolleyes: ignored it adn one fine day in an emergency braking situation (cat in the road (I LOVE kats)) my brakes just locked up totally I skidded like 20 feet and hit a mail box
just a heads up

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

thanks, alot guys, i appreciate the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts