Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the situation.....i was driving to work....got there..parked the car....and notice smoke coming out of of the engine...i was like uh oh...opened up the hood.....i see greenish antifreeze coming out of the radiator cap......i checked to see if the cap is loose...but it wasnt....it was nice and tight...the smoke was from the hot anitifreeze....next thing i check is the antifreeze bottle thing on the right.....to my surprise....it was FULL all the way up to the cap.....and the liquid inside isnt the normal greenish color...it have the darkish color.....so than i pour it all out.....when the bottle is empty.....i see black residue (spelling?) at the bottom of the bottle....which was stranged....ive never had this happen before....i just bought the car so im not sure when was the last time the antifreeze was changed and the liquid level it was at.....so anyway.....i than rinsed out the bottle to get rid of all the black residue......then fill it up with new antifreeze to the 'MAX' line
im no car mechanic and know very little about these stuffs....but with my educational guess....the antifreeze came out of the radiator cap because the bottle was full and it have no where else to go ???? please correct me if im wrong
my question is....why did it happen....where did the black residue came from.....and did i do the right thing by changing the antifreeze ??....anything else i should do or check ??
thanks
sorry its kind of long

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes... mine was.

It sounds like you boiled right over:( that is no good.

Monitor the situation as it could be dirty antifreeze, but my bet is that it is yet another HG problem on the legend.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts