it starts with 37820-px9-???

Please.

Thanks

~Hybrid

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Legendgs is that you original ECU ? or was it swaped with a chipped one ?

If im not mistaken thats a CA coupe ecu.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Dv8 said:
Legendgs is that you original ECU ? or was it swaped with a chipped one ?

If im not mistaken thats a CA coupe ecu.
Yup. That's my original ECU. If what you say is true, then it is possible that the CA coupe and CA GS have the same ECU.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the dealership techs dont know anything.

they said that the L67 and A67 dont exist.

I went to a wrecking yard today and found another L67 out of a coupe, i think 93.

PY3=type 1
px9=type 2

legendgs
you sure no one swaped out your ecu-when it was chipped?

cause the dealership keeps telling me that all 93-95 ls coupes and gs sedans come with a A68.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I was actually looking at my original ECU which is sitting here next to me. I got a spare one from a salvage yard and sent that one off to be chipped.

I also bought my car from a middle-aged couple who had bought the car new, and kept it stock (even left the plastic film on some of the switches :))

This is weird. :confused:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I have a 1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan, where can I see the P/N? what do you mean by "CA"? Canada?
Sorry, should have been specific. :) By CA, we mean California. :)

The P/N is on the ECU box itself. It's located under the carpet in the front passenger footwell.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Heh, I live in California (what's different emissions?), but a VIN check determined the car came from Florida... Car has lived @ Florida area as a lease , then it went to Las Vegas, NV (possibly same owner).. now I'm more than likely the 2nd owner, and the car is in Los Angeles.. Lucky Ass car.. lol

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
What's the difference between a CA ECU and nonCA ECU. I assume it's for emissions purposes. For many cars, the CA cars have about 5 HP less to meet emissions regulations.

I got a nonCA ECU and sent that to be chipped.

- ek

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know what emission type the ecu's are; (L) is CA and (A) is FED

now i need to find out what ECU # is right for my car. i have a spare A67, but willy at bayou perfromance said its for the coupe and the dealership has never heard of it, but has a A68.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Guys try to call the Acura dealer @ PASADENA , CA. Last week Leon and I talk to a technicien and we gave us a lot of very helpful infomation.
ACURA OF PASADENA
1285 E COLORADO BLVD
PASADENA, CA
(626)792-7979

1 - 17 of 17 Posts