Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a BMW technician and was just wondering how many people out there actually get paid to work on cars.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
93typeII said:
I am a BMW technician and was just wondering how many people out there actually get paid to work on cars.
I know PSA is a master Acura/Honda mechanic...

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Off the subject here, but NickD, do you have any pics of your engine bay? What did you use to paint the 3.2L V6 and "Honda" letters with?

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I own and co-operate a shop called Test N Tune, we perform engine swaps and hopefully soon, 6 speed Legend Transmission swaps. We also do minor to major mechanical work to foreign and domestic cars. oh yeah, We also have a boat that we're installing the engine into this week.:D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Off the subject here, but NickD, do you have any pics of your engine bay? What did you use to paint the 3.2L V6 and "Honda" letters with?
I used Frost White aftermarket paint and I actually painted it on there with a brush. I thinned the paint out some so that it would flow more over the lettering and there wouldn't be any brush stroke marks and it turned out good :)

http://demandred.dyndns.org:3000/Legend/albums/album01/aal.jpg

http://demandred.dyndns.org:3000/Legend/albums/album01/aak.jpg

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm a mechanic at sears but we don't do any engine work, just struts, brakes, wheel bearings, tie rods, half shafts, mostly front end stuff and tires and batteries of course. I have just finished putting a 440 in my friends '68 Newport. It was me and him and another guy that really worked on it with a few more people stopping by to offer their "advice." That was a damn big engine, we should have it running tomorrow or the next day so it'll be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's cool, just wondering how many of us actually get paid to work on cars. I think it is fun at times but sometimes i really don't want to touch my car after a week of pos bmw's you know.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I think it is fun at times but sometimes i really don't want to touch my car after a week of pos bmw's you know.
I know exactly how that is. I use to write computer programs for fun and things like that, I now work full-time doing that and usually don't want to spend my evenings programming... Instead I'd rather be working on my car :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts