Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body have a gt wing on there car i bought one for my legend but i dont know if i should put it on dont think ill look koo here is a pic sorry not to clear but o well:p :p oh yeah its a g1 legend
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
I am saving up for one because a friend told me that it will give me 45 more wheel horsepower. hehe (sarcastic) don't do it to a Legend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,657 Posts
Alright, I'm going to give my opinion because I was asked for it, but I think those wings look 100% ugly. They don't look good, the cars are NOT F1s, and they're FWD... not RWD... worst, on a Legend, it looks very out of place. I have to say, ewwww...... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,198 Posts
NSXNEXT said:
I am saving up for one because a friend told me that it will give me 45 more wheel horsepower. hehe (sarcastic) don't do it to a Legend.
I dont know where you got your HP numbers from, but I heard 145 Wheel HP:D ...... Ditto..... Please, not on a legend.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahha

people my legend is design to hit 356 mph :p :p j/k nah i really bought it cause of the hp that will give my legend i heard rumors of 50-150 hp at the wheels so wow dam n ok ok ok ok i bought it cause a cusin sold it to me for 100 buks and i tought well i keep for something maybe my future car "lancer evo 6 " and a "skyline gtr"ok ok ok ok there but i just wanted to know if it look koo on a legend well keep on koming peeps keep on telling my asz off oh yeah i recomend buying one ill give u a 50-150 hp increase :p :D :D so peeps buy one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
Re: hahha

abe805 said:
people my legend is design to hit 356 mph :p :p j/k nah i really bought it cause of the hp that will give my legend i heard rumors of 50-150 hp at the wheels so wow dam n ok ok ok ok i bought it cause a cusin sold it to me for 100 buks and i tought well i keep for something maybe my future car "lancer evo 6 " and a "skyline gtr"ok ok ok ok there but i just wanted to know if it look koo on a legend well keep on koming peeps keep on telling my asz off oh yeah i recomend buying one ill give u a 50-150 hp increase :p :D :D so peeps buy one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"longest run-on sentence ever!~"
 

·
Sleek And Low
Joined
·
249 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
the cars are NOT F1s, and they're FWD... not RWD
F1's are not the only cars w/ large rear spoilers. They dont' have to be RWD. Look at the touring car class on the Speedchannel. FWD w/huge spoilers. Allows you to dial in more oversteer into the supension and still keep the back-end planted. The principle is the same in F1 cars. To keep the rear-end down at high speeds. Has nothing to do with drive-wheel traction. Just thought I'd point it out ;)
 
G

·
If your car is a daily driver then there is no point for these. I hate it when I see a regular prelude or civic with one of these wings on. It just sends chills down my spine. Now say someone had a completely massively modified Prelude/Integra that they took the the track very often and rarely drove except for nice days, then I could see the point of one of these. I think a requirement though should be that the car needs at least 350whp :D.

These spoilers just disturb me, I have seen them twice on a Legend and it made me want to.... :eek:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
yes, but whenever they do that, they'll have front spoilers or under body work that keeps the nose down so that you won't loose your cornering ability. On a street driven car, I don't think that will happen especially when 90% of the body kits out there are only for looks and not downforce. You'll simply destroy the balance of the car by adding that GT wing. Rear spoilers actually cause understeer, not oversteer.
 

·
Sleek And Low
Joined
·
249 Posts
claus44 said:
Rear spoilers actually cause understeer, not oversteer.
My point exactly. You can dial in more oversteer into the suspension for better front-end handling while still keeping the car on the road by compensating with a rear-spoiler that adds understeer. The car remains balanced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so should i

i wanna race it in like street events and 1/4 mile on and i wanna drift on the dirt tho
 

·
Sleek And Low
Joined
·
249 Posts
Hold off for a while

If you want to build a high-speed track car then go for it. But it's not going to make much of a difference at speeds below 60mph. I'd get a different car if that's your goal. Like a stripped out civic or something cheap and lightweight that you aren't afraid to abuse. The Legend has a strong motor, but other than that I don't think it will make a good track car.

Why not just try and sell the wing on e-bay to make a profit?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top